Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Looking for a good cause?

Every year, half a million babies in the U.S. are born prematurely. In 2004, one of those babies was was my dear friend Dana's daughter, Regan. She was born at 28 weeks weighing 2 lbs 1.7 oz. Regan spent the first 96 days of her life in the NICU in Nasvhille putting her parents through a roller coaster of emotions. During our journey at the NICU, Dana (and Will) were so wonderful providing us support. Actually, Dana helped me stay sane during my bedrest; she too spend 7 LONG weeks on strict bedrest while pregnant with her second child -- little big guy Caden (and she didn't have cable or a laptop while on bedrest . . . seriously, I don't know how she survived!!!). Dana would share her experiences with Regan and the preventative measures her doctor took during her pregnancy with Caden and it helped me navigate through my doctor dilemmas and appointments. And when B & K ended up in the NICU, hearing about Regan's brave journey helped us be inspired to get through it as well.

Regan is now in preschool, taking swim class, about to have her 5th birthday party and for the 3rd year she is leading the Regan team for the March of Dimes thanks to the research of this great organization. And thanks to the advances in research, "little" Caden ended up being full term and today is a healthy, huge 30lb 16 month old!! Premature birth is the leading cause of newborn death and many life long disabilities. The funds they raise in the March for Babies support research that saves babies` lives. It has saved all of our children.

Would you like to help with this worthy cause? Please contribute to Regan's walk by clicking on the link below. Your support is greatly appreciated!


Bennett & Kendyll say thank you for supporting their friends Regan & Caden!! :-)
yep, that's a friggen BOW in Kendyll's hair. Until it grows a little longer I am going to give the bows a shot . . . I'm tired of people asking me how old my twin boys are (even when she is dressed in head-to-toe pink . . . what do they think I'm creating a transvestite here??). :)

5 comments:

  1. forgot to add....March of Dimes is a non-profit org with 501-3c status, so the donations are tax deductible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn!! And thanks also for the reminder . . . I have printed my donation slip and it is already in my "Taxes 2009" folder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made a donation for Caden & Regan. Also in honor of our precious little NICU grandbabies. Sorry Sara but I LUV the bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even the bow doesn't always work. I can dress the girls in 100% pink,they both have earrings, and they can have a 10 inch bow in their hair and I still get, "so, a boy and a girl?" LOL

    ReplyDelete