Sunday, March 1, 2009

WHEW!!!!

Wow, it has been a crazy nuts past few days!!

First of all, we'd like to send a HUGE congratulations to Lauren & Mark! They were married in a lovely evening ceremony yesterday. Lauren looked beautiful, Mark was a stud and we had a fabulous time. My favorite moments were the dances . . . their first dance was to "Somewhere over the rainbow", the father daughter dance was to "Edelweiss" and the mother son dance was to "The Rainbow Connection". Totally classic!!

As a result of Lauren's impending honeymoon (we're so jealous . . . she is sunning it up on vacation right now), B & K are spending a few days with Nana & Papa and then a few days with Grandma & Grandpa. Which means that gives mommy & daddy 5 (yes FIVE!!) nights to live like they did pre-diaper baby days.

Friday night Tim rode up to meet his parents to do the kid swap. I, meanwhile was setting up and then shopping at my twins club semi-annual sale. Yep, that's right peeps -- it was TWIN SALE time again! Woo-hoo!! And man oh man -- it was HUGE! It was held at the same location again (three huge gymnasiums full of everything baby & kid related). Unlike last time I don't feel like I got any major scores, but I did purchase a lot of clothes for B&K for the spring & summer (all baby gap, old navy, gymboree & children's place -- I guess that is a score!). I only spent $95 and I had over $500 to sell, so I guess that is the exciting part this year. :)

Saturday I worked the twins sale. And let me tell you -- it was NUTS! We had over 900 people through the door in the first hour (which was the "power hour" in which people had to pay $2 to get in an hour early & the money is donated to charity). The lines didn't stop . . . it was a constant flow of people for almost 4 hours. Some people waited in line outside in the freezing cold (read: 20 degree) weather for almost an hour in a line that snaked around the building. Then once inside they waited for almost 40 minutes to get through the checkout line. The sale brought in over $70,000 for our club members and charity (the club keeps 10 - 30 % of the profits which goes back into the sale/club/charity).

While I was in sale land Tim & our friend Nick were working on my "living room conversion/family room to play room" project. They were able to get our TV hung over the fireplace (without any major injuries, disasters or f-bombs -- score!). So now we're in the process of getting everything in place so the conversion is all together before B&K come back home. I will try to post pictures of the finished project later this week.

So yeah -- WHEW was the best way to sum up this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! You were very successful! I'm glad I got in and out of there. I can't imagine waiting outside in line and then waiting in line to pay, too! Enjoy the rest of your kid-free time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, the sale was CRAZY....and I was one of the crazies waiting outside in the freezing cold! oh well, it's part of the fun I suppose. Can't wait to see play room mania! :)

    see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great about the sale!!! It sounds like you made out great!! I hope all is going well with you, B & K!

    ReplyDelete