B & K & I drove down to the outlet mall yesterday to meet my dear college friend Alicia. We shopped til we dropped (or as much as two ladies can shop with a set of twins who didn't nap all morning and aren't fans of being strapped into a stroller). Alica had the pleasure of being exposed to the fun freak show that is going out in public with a double stroller filled with adorable multiples (oh and speaking of stroller -- I brought the combi -- can I just say I feel REALLY sorry for people who live in a wheelchair? I mean come on -- the stroller is technically the same width as a wheelchair and I can't tell you how many things I bumped into or just plain didn't fit through with that dang thing!). Alicia & I both scored new goodies at my favorite store in the world -- Kate Spade. I purchased a new wristlet for $16.85 (yep, you read that right). Yippee!!
While we were shopping, Tim was looking at new cars. Fun times. He also took our first baby to the vet for his yearly check-up. Looks like "cleaning our floors" while B & K eat has taken a toll on Mr. Tabasco. He has gone from 95lbs this time last year to a whopping 108!!!!! Quite large for a Golden Retriever and the largest he's been since we've been his parents! We always kept him away from "people food", but I guess the smorgasbord of puffs, Cheerios, pancakes and fruit that fall below B&K have led to some additional poundage. That combined with the fact that we're lazy parents (read: we don't take him for walks in the winter) have led to his little weight gain. But I'm sure now that the weather is breaking & we're getting out more will help bring his weight back down. :)
What else is new. . . Bennett had his PT assessment on Friday. I won't go into great detail, but the good news is nothing is seriously wrong. He is just living up to his lazy white dude label. We have some exercises to work on with him while we sit on the "wait list" to get him enrolled in weekly PT sessions. His basic diagnosis is low muscle tone, so Tim's going to start him on a round of 'roids to get him bulked up (totally joking. I think.). Let me just say once again for the record that having one baby is SO DANG EASY!!! (and I know my triplet & more friends out there think I have it easy with two!). Oh my gosh . . . Tim & I took B alone while K got some 1:1 time with Lauren. . . glorious, but I digress . . .
Kendyll, on the other hand, is all about changes these days. Miss thang is working on cutting FIVE (5!!!) teeth at one time. She is no longer snaggletooth. She can also walk behind her little push toy all the way across the play room. Back & forth; back & forth. She is also living up to the "ornery girl" title my friend April has given her. She LOVES to throw tantrums these days and her favorite is to throw her hands above her head and bend backwards when you pick her up (like she's going to do a backbend). She held a handstand the other day for several seconds (while we held her feet up). Maybe she'll be more coordinated than me after all and be a gymnast. Who knows.
Oh and one more thing. I had to make a special trip to hell, I mean babies r us, yesterday to purchase this.

Yeah, when I went to get Kendyll out of her crib yesterday morning I noticed she had black crap all around her mouth. Turns out she has taken to eating her crib for breakfast (and snacks). Not good. There I go winning mother of the year again. :)
And because we can't go without a picture of Bennett, too . . .
One more thing that points to you being my soul sista. I have always, all my life, wanted a
ReplyDeleteKate Spade bag. I am so not into designer things, but I love Kate Spade!! Wicked jealous you have a wristlet. Show me a pic!
Awesome crib cover for K-munchy. this post had me cracking up.
I am so freaking glad I'm not the only one who has a daughter who eats her crib!! Right now, we just have the quilt over it, but if she gets mad enough, she'll take it off and start chewing :(
ReplyDeleteAnna has left teeth marks all over one side of her crib too. It probably is related to getting 5 teeth all at once...WOW! lucky you! Glad to hear that the PT assessment went well and it's nothing serious. and shopping at J-ville. I'm jealous. It's been FOREVER since I've been down there. congrats on the new wristlet!
ReplyDelete5 teeth...wow. Sounds like a great weekend. Shopping with that Combi stroller is not good! It doesn't fit anywhere!
ReplyDeleteI need your mailing address for the Pay it Forward payoff...my email address is on my blog post.