Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Randomness (and going away)

We're leaving for vacation tomorrow morning. 12 hours in a car with B&K. We're breaking up the drive on the way to our destination . . . and we recently invested in a dual screen portable DVD player. I'm sure I'll have LOTS of fun stories to tell once we get there. Tabasco is already on his vacation (and thanks to our friend Mark for letting TB come hang with him & his dog over this week). I'm bringing our laptop, but I'm not sure how often I'll be logging on. So to tide you over, here are a couple of tidbits about B&K:

- Kendyll has become quite a pro at climbing the stairs. This has become VERY handy when Tim is traveling because I can carry B-man up the stairs while following closely behind Kendyll (instead of being dangerous and carrying them both at the same time or making two trips up & down the stairs). Now if we could just get her to follow directions once we let her "free" from the baby jail room . . . she has a tendency to wander off instead of following me to the stairs. But we're working on it.

- Bennett has made his way into a weekly spot for PT. We've also recently ordered a few aids to help him with his development. He has been doing really well on his belly and had sort of started to do his own version of an army crawl. As his PT lady said today we do have a long road ahead of us, but as long as he is making some progress we will all be happy (she said this as he screamed his way through another PT session. I feel so sorry for the lady).

- Speaking of B-dude screaming, he has developed quite a case of stranger danger & separation anxiety (Kendyll has too, to a degree, but not nearly as bad as Bennett). He freaked out while seeing Lauren's husband this week (someone he sees all.the.time) and also freaked out with Grandma & Grandpa last week. He also (appropriately) freaked out at the annoying lady at Macy's last night who insisted on blocking my stroller and making google baby talk at B&K. He started to scream and I was on my way (nice work B!!).

- B&K are starting to get the hang of using forks. It isn't consistent and sometimes we have to show them to remind them and 99% of the time they still use their hands, but every once & a while we'll see them use the fork in the right way.

- B&K are both in a giving sort of mood. They will hold something up to give it to us, take it back and then repeat. They are also very into brushing their hair (which is sometimes more like banging their head with the brush) and they have been very proficient with brushing their teeth for quite some time.

- They are still living large in their pack-n-plays. There seems to be no end in sight for Cribgate 2009.

I want to wish a huge CONGRATULATIONS to my cousin Patrick!! He is graduating from high school on Saturday and a huge portion of my family is in Georgia to cheer for him. Sorry we can't be there Patrick, but we're thinking of you!!

OK, I'll hopefully post again over the weekend. Have a safe & fun holiday weekend and please keep in mind the true meaning of Memorial Day.

Oh yeah, and some pictures . . . these were actually from a couple of weekends ago. I took B&K&TB to the park near our house for some fun while Tim was golfing.


1 comment: