Tim & I are sitting on the wrap around balcony of our condo in Myrtle Beach. Super nice. We're sipping some beers, listening to the drunk ass people below us as well as the silence on our monitor. B&K just wrapped up a MUCH needed bath and are sleeping as if they are in their cribs at home (oh wait, they are in the same cribs they sleep in at home these days -- ha!).
The trip down was wonderful. Seriously. We still can't believe how uneventful it was. Well besides Bennett napping for a total of 20 minutes yesterday (and Kendyll closer to 60 min), we had no meltdowns in the car or elsewhere for that matter. I'm not sure when they decided it wasn't cool to sleep in their carseats. God bless the person who invented portable DVD players is all I have to say. We drove 6+ hours yesterday and another 3+ today and made it safely to our destination. Only to find out it is Black Bikers Week in Myrtle (no, seriously) so there are a TON of cool cycles to check out (esp. if you are in to that sort of thing. We aren't so much, but it is cool none the less). It seems a bit crowded around here (expected too, I guess, because of the holiday weekend) . . . we're told it will clear out mid-week.
I snapped some pictures at dinner tonight, but haven't uploaded them yet. So instead a couple of exciting / cute tid-bits:
- This morning, for the first time in his life, we found Bennett sitting up in his PNP!!! Tim actually found him that way and we have no idea how he got there, but it is so exciting. We all clapped & cheered for him. :-) He also tried to get up on his knees while on his belly today. Maybe he'll be crawling by the time we head home on Friday.
- Kendyll LOVES, I mean L-O-V-E-S to play like she's talking on the phone. So so cute. And I have NO idea where she got it from because I hate talking on the phone. But she has a couple of play phones (as well as one of my old phones) and if you go "bring, bring" . . . put the phone up to your ear and go "hello, what? You'd like to speak to Kendyll?" . . .she gets a HUGE smile on her face and then when you hand the phone to her she puts it up by her ear (or sometimes just her mouth) and starts "talking" to whomever is on the other line. I'll try to get it on video someday, but it really is so funny!
Ok, that's enough for now. My beer is getting warm. More to come this week . . . including some pictures of my latest stroller purchase (yep, that's right. Addiction has hit again . . . but totally for legitimate reasons, I swear!).
GO BENNETT!!!! Have a fab time in MB. We leave on the 19th and I can't wait! I'm super nervous about travelling with Lexi and all the stuff we have to take, though.
ReplyDeleteWow! So many great things. A great drive down, B-man sitting up in the PNP, Kendyll running up your phone bill already! How fun and exciting. Glad your trip is great so far. Hope the crowds clear out and give you a nice rest of the week! ps...jealous you're in one of my favorite vacation spots. I heart MB!
ReplyDelete