Monday, May 4, 2009

Just our luck

In the past year the company that makes B & K's cribs has recalled hundreds of thousands (total guess on #) of cribs. They've had two major recalls in the past year. And each time we've looked at the list and breathed a HUGE sigh of relief that our cribs weren't on there. We really love the furniture. Although I'm not a fan of Babies Hell, er, R Us, we chose to do all of our baby related crap registering there and were so grateful for the very generous gifts given to us in preparation for B&K's arrival (both sets of our parents purchased a crib and my aunts gave us the dresser/changing table). The cribs are "convertible" cribs, meaning technically they can grow with the kiddos until they move off to college (in about 17 years, but who's counting).

Well our luck has finally run out. Last Friday Jardine and Babies R Us issued yet another major recall. And this time our Olympia Lifetime cribs in Black are on the list. UGH! I sent in a request to start the process which includes them sending us a package, us filling out some release forms, sending them back certain pieces of the cribs, waiting God knows how long for them to send us back a voucher (for how much we're not sure) which can only be used to purchase another crib at Babies R Us. Oh and where will B&K sleep during this time (which I'm totally prepared to take WEEKS)?!? Yeah, in 2 pack-n-plays. Can't wait -- it should be a blast. But I guess that is better than Kendyll getting her head stuck in the slats that supposedly easily break off. And you can bet your sweet butt we will NOT be purchasing another Jardine crib, thankyouverymuch.

So stay tuned. I'm sure I'll have LOTS of fun stories once we take apart the cribs and B&K start living like we're staying in a hotel all the time (yeah, Tim can't wait to take apart the cribs -- and put together new ones!). Never a dull moment around here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh - Good Luck! I will need to check that list also. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How inconvenient?? My sister had to cut off part of her pnp and send it in. Thankfully one of her daughters had outgrown it and the other was still in utero at the time. What a fun world!

    I saw your comment regarding the 30 day shred! Keep me posted on your progress! I hope to see results by the end and YES I agree it kicks your butt!

    ReplyDelete