Thursday, May 28, 2009

Last Day of Vacay



We're heading out home early tomorrow morning. Today was a very good last day of vacation. We relaxed a bit in the am (and I managed to sneak away for a bit to revisit that LOFT outlet store. . . awesome!). B & K seemed to be over their weirdness from yesterday and were back on track with sleeping & such. We spent some time in the pool (again Bennett LOVED it, Kendyll not so much) and then while B&K napped in the afternoon Tim & I tried to get a little more sun (which you can see from the pic above I'm still pale white). We then headed out to yet another shopping area and B&K had the opportunity to redeem themselves after last night's dinner. We went to a really nice steak & seafood joint and scored a table right by the water outside (you'd be amazed how easy it is to score a good table and fast service when you eat dinner at 5pm!). I had a yummy steak and Tim ate tuna and B&K munched on a cheese flatbread dish. Bennett & Kendyll were perfect well behaved angels. Tim & I also enjoyed a little beverage with dinner. I've discovered a super awesome thing called sweet tea infused vodka. Yeah, take two of my favorite things -- sweet tea and vodka -- and put them together. Deadly. Apparently it is only made in the Carolinas (and thus sold here) so on our way home we picked up a big bottle for me to enjoy the rest of the summer. Oh yeah!

Our super nice waiter snapped the picture above (taken with our "good" camera). I don't have time to upload/edit the other pictures, but I promise to get them online sometime this weekend. While vacation has been a blast, we're looking forward to seeing Tabasco and spending our weekend attending a 1st birthday party and working in the yard (and maybe finally getting some sun!).

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you guys have had a great time. Can't wait to hear about your scores at LOFT!
    Have a safe and happy trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pic! I'm glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete