Sunday, November 22, 2009

Still MIA

Still sick, but on the mend. I went back to the dr this week and was treated to a chest Xray (still *just* bronchitis) and some ridiculously expensive heavy duty antibiotics. Thankfully they are working and finally kicking this cold's ass. Unfortunately, B&K have now brought this full circle. . . we took them back to the pedi again yesterday. Mainly because Kendyll was up coughing all night Friday night and Bennett kept tugging on his ear. He still has an EI and is on a heavier duty antibiotic. . . K looked fine (well except for her nasty cough and constant stream of snot coming from her nose). She was up again last night for a long time. . . poor girl can't breathe through her nose and when she breathes though her mouth it causes her to cough. Plus she can't suck her thumb very well while her nose is all stuffed up, too. I tried propping her bed on one end (and giving her a pillow) but she moves around so much I'm afraid neither helped much. I even tried to sleep with her in our extra room . . . yeah, there is a reason why we have a strict "no babies in the bed" rule in our house (the girl never stopped moving!). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we have a better night tonight.

I wanted to update on a couple of fun things (yes, something up lifting!).

- Bennett took 2 - 3 UNASSISTED steps last Tuesday in PT. He has been trying to pull himself up in the center of the room (read: not holding on to anything), he can stand for a bit without holding on to anything and he is a champ at the push toy now. We're super proud of him!

- Kendyll is a little copy-cat -- in many, many ways. She tries to repeat whatever you say (my favorite: she now goes "YUCK! UCK!! GUCK!!!" whenever I change a diaper). When you ask her a question she likes to reply "sure". She's also saying "B's Shoes" like her friend Ava does every morning (normally while she is attempting to put the shoe on B's foot). But our favorite is this . . . one night Bennett fell backward and hit his head on our wood paneling. He started to cry and I went over to comfort him. Kendyll proceeded to walk over to the wall and hit her own head on purpose. Just for the attention. Now this is a fun game. . . at random points in time she'll go over & fake hit her head (as will B) just for the attention. Little stinkers.

Ok, that's all for tonight. I'm exhausted. I'll try to get pics of Kendyll getting her first haircut up this week. In the meantime here are a couple of random pictures from the past week or so:





Also, if you are the thoughts & prayers kind of person please keep my friend Lisa and my Aunt Cindy in your prayers. Both are in ICU in critical condition and really need all of the prayers they can get. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment