Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pooped out

I took Kendyll to the pedi yesterday. When I met up with Lauren and B&K for B's PT appointment miss K just wasn't herself. She wasn't eating, she looked pale and she was SUPER lethargic. She didn't get much better during the afternoon (she even took a 3 hour nap -- unheard of for miss on-the-go-diva!) so I called our awesome pedi's office at 3:15 and they had an appointment for her at 4:30. We have a million family & friends coming to town this weekend and we didn't want to take any chances (plus more importantly miss thang just wasn't herself).

Even after taking a LOOOONG nap, she was still super tired and was quiet on the drive to the dr's office. Once we were back in the room waiting on the dr she actually fell asleep in my arms for the first time ever in her life. You read that right -- miss I never sit still and even when I was in the NICU I was wide awake actually not only sat in my lap for longer than 5 minutes, she FELL ASLEEP IN MY ARMS! When Dr. Reis came in I looked up at him and said "this is how I know my daughter is really sick". :( I even took the pic below to send to Tim for proof. He ruled out bad stuff like ear infection, red throat and bladder infection. Seems to just be a weird bug. She had a fever yesterday but it seems to have passed. Both she & Bennett have been blow-out city over the past 2 days. Super fun. She's back to her peppy self (and B has continued to be happy, except for the blowouts). Fun times around here. I can't imagine this is a side effect of teeth for either of them -- Bennett is up to 16 (yes, SIXTEEN!!!!!) teeth and Kendyll is working on at least two more (which brings her up to 10 or 12 I think). Who knows . .. Tim & I are just hoping it doesn't hit us on the 4th!

K asleep at the dr's office



And knocked out on the floor when we got home. She NEVER EVER lays down like this in the play room.





for those coming to the party this weekend . . . I'll keep you posted if anyone takes a turn for the worst. Trust me when I say I have douched EVERYTHING in the play room and will continue to do so up until the party. We've had our house douched today, too! :)

In other totally unrelated news, would you please keep my friend Jenn in your thoughts and/or prayers? Her step-father Ron, who was very much a father to her, passed away yesterday. We are hoping to see her & her family this weekend, but I just wanted to send out our sympathies to her tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, you're so sweet. I love ya!! See you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hopefully the little bug has passed and your party will turned out to be a hit! So cute falling asleep in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor sweet K-dizzle.:(I hope everyone is at 100% soon. So sorry for your friend's loss, as well.

    ReplyDelete