Monday, June 29, 2009

Chop - Chop!

We took Bennett to get his first ever haircut this weekend. While the chicks (and some dudes) were digging the flowing curly locks, it was actually starting to get a bit out of control. And while Kendyll is starting to sport her own sexy baby mullet, we saved her trim for another day (I may even attempt to cut the back a bit . . . we'll see how brave I am).

Anyhoo, we decided to go to one of those kid hair places instead of a "real" barber shop for this first go 'round. We had no idea how B would react and we figured we'd rather go somewhere where they are experienced with dealing with freaking out kids (and fast). So let me tell you, DO NOT go to one of these places if you are not a "kids person". The ladies who work in this joint are angels if you ask me!! They have the process down to a science -- in & out in less than 20 min -- and they are expensive to boot!! But it was totally worth it -- Bennett has a new summer 'do and the lady who chopped his curls was super nice. There was an adorable little girl named Reagan (love that name!!) in the fire engine truck next to B-dude and he was putting his smooth moves on her . . . that is until the lady cutting her hair broke out the dryer and B thought she was getting shot. That was really the only time he got a little cranky.

Here are a few pics:




I tried to snap an "after" shot at Costco, but B wasn't into it (and PSA about Costco . . . as if there aren't already a MILLION reasons why I love that store, they are also the only place in town that has "real" double seats in their carts!!):


And one last attempt at home:



I was able to manage a few other shots (although not right on) . . . but they are on our other camera. I'll try to do another post later today or tomorrow about our fun and busy weekend preparing for our HUGE weekend coming up this week! Stay tuned . . .

3 comments:

  1. Love kids places for hair cuts. They are normally more expensive but the stylist are trained for kids and are more patient. Love the Dale race car that B was sitting in. His hair looks great with his new do!

    I also like the costco shopping carts with two places to sit. Perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new do! Did you kid's hair place near Polaris? Looks the same! Madi and Zach loved to go there - as they get older they can move from watching baby crack to playing kid crack games!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a handsome little Dude!! I love K-baby's shirt too, so pretty. Man, what I wouldn't give for a stinking Costco! Stupid NWPA.

    ReplyDelete