Sorry -- it has been a bit exhausting around here. The weekend was busy with "Man Day" and "Girls Night Out" and other random weekend stuff. Bennett developed a nasty cough on Saturday which only got worse over the weekend and a trip to the pedi on Monday reveled that is is probably seasonal allergy related. But now Kendyll has the cough so we're thinking it is more like summer cold related. B has been just m-i-s-e-r-a-b-l-e this week - red puffy eyes, runny nose, chesty cough - and thankfully he was a bit back to himself today. But neither little one has napped well this week and last night was really rough. I'm dragging today and I just put B&K to bed an hour earlier than normal. Plus Tim was traveling earlier this week and has work dinners the rest of the week. Is it Friday yet?
In other news Kendyll is a full - on walker. Yes I announced this well over a month ago and she had been taking 2 - 5 steps in a row and standing on her own for LONG periods of time, but now she will walk from one side of the room to the other. From room to room. Sometimes carrying big things. And often stopping along the way to pick up something else from the floor. And she can stand up / start to walk from sitting -- she doesn't need to pull herself up on anything to get started. Oh fun.
We tried to take her to get "proper" shoes last weekend. Norstroms was having a wicked sale and I took her to get her feet measured and to check out some of the shoes. Unfortunately they didn't have anything in her size on sale and I couldn't bring myself to spend more money on her shoes (which she will out grown in a month) than I do on my entire shoe collection (I'm a bargain shopper, remember!?). Then while we were at the mall I figured I'd step into one of those dreaded Stride Rite stores. Um yeah, don't think I'll be doing that EVER AGAIN! Ugh, the lady there was one of the rudest, meanest, least helpful human beings I've ever met! I think I'm going to stick to my fellow twin mommy Meghan's strategy and order her some shoes online! Ugh . . . shoe shopping in person (with twins and one who is quite the diva) = royal pain in the ass.
Other than B's cold / allergies he is doing really well. Crawling all over the place, trying to pull up and talking up a storm. This morning he woke up earlier than normal and I brought him into our room while Tim & I got ready for work. He was sitting in the middle of our bed watching "Blues Clues" and I was getting ready to leave. I said bye and he looked up at me, waved and said "bye bye". Tim was my witness!!
Oh another thing I want to document before I forget . . . things are finally starting to click with them. Meaning they are really starting to understand questions / commands / associating words with things. Three times in the past week I've asked Kendyll: "go get your baby Kendy". She'll walk over to her chair, pick up the baby, rock her and bring her to me. The first time I figured it was a total fluke, but she's done it a couple other times (on separate days) since then. Totally weird! :)
Ok, I think that's enough for now. I hear someone coughing on the monitor so I better go get a couple of chores done before someone wakes up crying.
Yay! for K walking. Boo for B's allergy. I can't wait to see them again.
ReplyDeletewere did you go to SR? Tuttle? Just curious, my saleslady was super nice @ Easton. Of course, I've only been there once.
Hope the coughing clears up soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm like you...I need a DEAL! Hope you have better luck finding shoes online!