Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Seriously?!?! Lost in the Mail?!?!

When we arrived home on Friday we were super geeked to see a Fed Ex package waiting in the doorway -- it had been delivered that day. It was one of our crib vouchers (and SCORE -- it was more than we were expecting!!). I foolishly assumed the other one would arrive yesterday. Nope. So I bring in all of my documentation to work with me today and call the lovely Jardine Recall Hotline to see what the frick is up (especially after learning that my good friend Debbie -- who is also going through the same issue with her twin daughter's cribs -- told me she received both of her vouchers last week. And she sent in her stuff after we did!). You know it isn't a good sign when the customer service rep goes "huh, that is really odd. Weird" while on the phone with you. Um yeah . . . so our vouchers were both issued & supposedly sent out on the same day, but for some reason only one was delivered. I was given a reference number and told to call yet another Jardine customer service number. She also told me the same thing . . . they are assuming the 2nd voucher is "lost in the mail" (by FedEx? Really???). So they will be issuing a new one and she assured me it would be here in 2 days (don't cha think it would have been nice for her to offer to overnight it to me??).

I'm REALLY trying to be nice and not lose it with this process. I was very pleasant with the CS peeps and thanked them for helping (esp. since I was honestly expecting her to tell me to wait another day or two to see if the other voucher shows up). So hopefully we'll be able to order the new cribs by Thursday or Friday at the latest. Doesn't look like B&K will be in new cribs by the weekend. And I'm totally prepared for a horrible experience with Babies R Us because I royally hate that place (and because Debbie shared that her crib purchasing experience wasn't the greatest!). UGH!!!

5 comments:

  1. Why can't just one thing be simple. Good luck with babies r us, we didn't have any problems with them when we ordered our cribs way back 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems it is never easy! I hope it comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GL...everytime I go to BRU, or Baby Hell as you call it, I get a cashier one their first day on the job, well, it seems that way at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude.
    what?
    suck....
    sorry, Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commiserating with me over the dreaded "shred". I hope you have a great month shredding and may all our Jillian wishes come true :)

    Good luck with the voucher btw!

    ReplyDelete