Monday, December 8, 2008

Teeth & Terrors

I'm gonna warn you upfront . . . no new pictures tonight. Just a quick update. Bennett is cutting another tooth. A top one this time, which will bring his total to 5 (although I wouldn't be surprised if he is cutting both top teeth). Thus explains why is has been a major crab-butt for the past week. Poor little dude. Kendyll is still sitting at two . . . although I have a feeling she will pop through, like, six at one time sometime soon.

Speaking of K, I think she is going to have developmental explosion sometime soon. She is scooting / army crawling-ish and she turns 180 degrees when she is on her belly. Her desire to do new things has caused her to not be the best napper AND have terrifying screams in the middle of the night. We're pretty sure she has been having night terrors for the past few weeks. The bad news is she wakes up (or more like wakes us up) with these blood curling screams. When we pick her up she is in a dead sleep -- poor girlie is just dreaming. So we hold her until it is over and put her back to bed, which is the good news -- thankfully she goes right back to sleep. But let me tell you, my horror movie, suspense watching mind goes to scary places when I go into her room while she is screaming (lame, I know). I'm dreading this happening this week when Tim goes to Chicago. Guess I have to just put on my big-girl pants and help her (which I know I will, I just think it is so funny that I'm such a scaredy cat).

What else. . . B & K are getting SUPER good with their finger foods (mainly Puffs). I actually think they are starting to like feeding themselves more than us feeding them the smooth stuff, so YAY for almost self-feeding babies!!

Ok, that's all I got for tonight. I promise pictures soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! Bad dreams all ready? FWIW, when the girls were smaller, they had falling dreams. Well, ok I assume falling bc they would throw their arms out to the side and stiffen like they were about to hit something. Luckily, they grew out of that stuff. The teeth though, ouch. Poor little man. I hope they both get relief from whatever is ailing them <3

    ReplyDelete