Good grief, as my “Charlie Brown” would say! Why is it every time we look forward to something we are disappointed (see Vacation and Thanksgiving)? As Tim put it this morning “that is just how we roll”. We had a decent weekend . . . we took B&K on an adventure on Saturday. We purchased new booster seats to bring with us for restaurant eating – this way we know they are secure and that they will have a seat (I always have this great fear that we’ll get to a restaurant and they will only have one high chair available -- weird, I know). Anyhoo, they loved sitting up, chewed a bunch of Puffs and we called our lunch adventure a success. Then we were off to shop and then headed home to wrap up some gifts. On Sunday it was balls-ass cold in Ohio and we decided to keep the babies holed up all day. Plus Kendyll had developed a nasty cough and Bennett would chime in with his version every so often. A LONG sleepless Sunday night led us into Monday when we decided to take both babies in to the pedi. Bennett was diagnosed with a slight case of bronchiolitis and Kendyll has it much worse (borderline RSV). NICE. K was tortured with a lovely breathing treatment in the pedi’s office and we were sent off with a play at home version as well. She is also on a steroid to help her lungs. Last night wasn’t much better as Bennett has now caught up to Kendyll and we’ve started the breathing treatments on him too (he’ll get his own batch of the steroids today as well). Fun times in our house.
So looks like we are in for another rough holiday. I’m trying not to complain too much because I realize there are many others out there who are worse off than us. It just sucks . . . maybe we’ll learn not to look forward to things.
Regardless, I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get on again before the holiday, but hopefully everyone will be on the mend by then.
oh no, i hope the little ones feel better soon! my three had rsv last christmas, so i feel your pain!
ReplyDeletemerry christmas!
What does balls-ass mean? Would I know if I experienced it? I'll be in Houston for the holidays. Hope you're able to make the best of your holidays!
ReplyDeleteOh Sara, I hope B &K are feeling better and that all the gunk didn't last too long.
ReplyDeleteSara - the high chair thing just happened to us YESTERDAY. We got to a restaurant for lunch and they only had 2 high chairs and one was being used. We freaked! Will sat in the high chair and I tried to contain Sam until the people using the other chair finally got sick of our death stares and left. So I understand your fear.
ReplyDelete