Sunday, August 10, 2008

Reunion

We had a very busy weekend. It was my mom's family reunion this past Saturday. So we all packed in the wicked Pacifica and drove 2 hours to Canton to drop off Tabasco (who in typical form puked 2 minutes from Tim's parents house . . . poor dog has been car sick as long as we've known him). We fed B & K and then drove another hour to Girard to the Pizzulo family reunion. I haven't been to Girard since my Grandpa died 2 1/2 years ago and haven't been to a reunion in at least 6 years (probably longer!!). It was really nice to see everyone. B & K were a big hit and everyone mentioned they love keeping up with the family on our site. Thanks!

Here is a few pictures of my me, B & K and my cousin "Aunt" Julia (who everyone says looks more like my sister than my cousin . . .I take it as a compliment -- and I hope she does, too!).





As I've mentioned before, twins run in my family on my mom's side (hence B & K). Here is a picture of my mom (on the right) and her twin sister, my Aunt Anna Marie.



The reunion was held at Tod Park. A few of our family members had a park bench dedicated to my Grandma Belle when she passed away almost 6 years ago and we were lucky enough to have the pavilion right by her special bench. My Grandpa Frank (Bigs to his friends . . . his last name was Bigowsky) also has a special bench at his old hang-out, Jib Jab Hot dog Shoppe. I made Tim stop on our way out of town so I could snap a picture of that too (I had not seen it since they put it up . . . Grandpa visited Jib Jab EVERY day. He had his own booth that they called "the office" and his is the only bench in front of Jib Jab. And it faces towards the building, always looking inside, instead of facing the street. So cool!).

No comments:

Post a Comment