Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh right, it is December now . . .

Yeah, we’re way past Thanksgiving, huh? It was nice. We were sick. Our family who was coming to visit was sick (so they couldn’t come). Black Friday shopping was low key. Actually, that was the theme of the whole weekend. And in the end {with the exception of the sickness – oh which included our first cases of pink eye . . . for Kendyll and ME!}, it was actually quite nice.

And now it is December. After driving around in the car at night, watching our neighbor’s holiday lights go up and listening to chimes of “wish I had Christmas lights on my house” from the B&K peanut gallery in the backseat, we had lights put up on our house last week. And our tree is up. And Boyd, our elf (or dwarf, as Kendyll has taken to calling him) has come to hang out with us until Christmas. B&K are really enjoying going to find “the dwarf” every morning; however the bribe of “Boyd is watching you” hasn’t really seemed to have the same effect as last year. ;)

We are preparing for our holiday party with Santa this weekend. And I may or may not have inflated our guest list a bit. This should be interesting. And I know it will be fun. There seem to be lots of holiday gatherings and events going on and the time is flying by. We tried to go see the lights at the zoo last weekend, but it was a total cluster bomb of people (seriously. So, so, so bad). My holiday cards have been ordered and I hope to knock out the rest of the holiday shopping next when on a vacation day. I feel like I need another vacation. Whew.

Other than that, there really isn’t much going on. I’m sorry things are so boring right now. I haven’t taken my camera out for pictures in ages, but I do have a couple more cute ones from our session with Susan Miller last month. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment