Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ugh!!

THREE nights down, THREE to go . . . .

It was a rough 24 hours . . . I lost my wedding band, the kids were up every two hours at night, we had horrible storms / monsoon and Tabasco threw up all over our new family room carpet. Ugh! But we are surviving and things are looking up. I always take off my engagement ring when I get home from work and just wear my band at night. The kids were fussy, so I decided to pack them up to go do a few errands (read: make them sleep / be quiet in their carseats for the evening). When we got home, they were SCREAMING to eat, so I gave them quick baths, fed them and put them to bed. As I was cleaning up and (STILL) trying to put our kitchen back together, I happened to look down at my hand and realized my ring was missing. I had not taken it off and my mind started to race about all of the places I had been /things I had done that night and where it might have fallen off. After searching through diapers / diaper pails, trash, laundry bins, couches, calling Target, Home Depot & Lowes and waking the twins up to look through their cribs & blankets, I had no luck in finding it. I didn't sleep at all Tuesday night, sick to my stomach about losing such an important thing (plus, it was stormy and for whatever reason B & K were up at least once an hour). I called Tim Wed. morning to confess my news and actually had a really bad day at work (for other reasons). But just as the saying goes, once you stop looking for something it appears in front of your eyes (um, not sure if that is really a saying . . . ) . . . I am happy to report that I found my ring under the dish drying rack in the kitchen. Did I put it there -- no . . . I have a feeling it fell off into a dishtowel as I was drying my hands. Did I look all over the counter -- I swear yes, but I don't really care anymore at this point.

Whew! Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. Tabasco still isn't his old self, but I'm sure he ate something he wasn't supposed to in our yard. :-) I need a drink at this point (if only I weren't a single parent this week . . . ).

1 comment:

  1. YIKES! I would have been beside myself too until I found the ring. Glad it showed up!

    My girls were up more than normal the other night too because of the storms. I'm hoping we don't get too many more of those nights....

    Good job on this week by yourself! only a few more days!

    ReplyDelete