Saturday, January 14, 2012

On Turning Four . . .

I’m not quite sure where this has come from {though I suspect being in a class with kids ages 3 – 5 might be a culprit}, but Kendyll has been dying to turn 4 for a while now. She’ll even state “I can’t WAIT to turn 4!!!” with her eyes pierced closed in anticipation. We’ve been talking about some of the things we’d like to see happen at this magic age -- specifically for K to stop sucking her thumb – but other than that I’m not sure what she thinks will happen when she hits the big 0-4. I’m pretty sure she isn’t going to get a new car. Or puppy. Or a baby sister {though when she asks for this one I tell her “maybe Daddy’s next wife will give you a baby sister.”. Ha!}. I will say that I’m thankful we have upcoming birthdays to “bribe” with . . . or else this letdown from Christmas would be a total bummer (for both the big & little people!!). We have booked their party. And actually the weekend before their birthday is turning out to be a busy, fun-filled couple of days. Friend party on Saturday. Family party on Sunday. Mommy & Daddy probably heading out to celebrate another year of survival {as has become our tradition}. And then they actually have school ON their birthday {how wicked cool is that??}, so I’m sure we’ll bring in something special for that. Though it *is* the day before Valentine’s day, so they’ll probably have to share their special day with those festivities {gag me}.

And with B&K’s birthday looming, that means my little blog here is turning has turned four too. And as was my sentiment in previous years, I never really thought I would keep this up for this long. Sure, I’ve lost a bit of my blogging mojo {and time to blog} over the past year, but somehow I’ve still managed to post an update or two each month. And there are so many other things I feel like I need to go back and capture {I’ve honestly thought about ‘quitting facebook’ because I feel like I put waaay too much out there that would be better to capture for prosperity here!}. But alas, here I am. Four years and 448 posts later. I REALLY need to get on turning the blog into a book {again, for prosperity. I started one after the first year and then never got around to printing it. I have a LOT of catching up to do!! And ::hint hint:: for anyone looking for gift ideas for me. Or the kids. Ha!}.

So to those family members and friends who still pop in here, thanks for reading. I’m not sure what the year holds for us in 2012, but here we go . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment