Monday, April 4, 2011

More babble drabble

I thought of a few other random "quirks" or cute things the kids are saying these days  . . .

 - They are very literal.  Like in the morning when I say "Ok, take your clothes off so we can go potty" they are both quick to correct me.  "No, Mom, these are my PAJAMAS, not clothes!!".  Same goes for jean/pants . . . "Bennett, pull up your pants" is quickly corrected with "No, Mom, these are my JEANS". 

 - They are also big time into talking / sounding like adults.  They are quick to start a sentence with "So . . . . " and love to use the word "Because" and statements like "Maybe we'll go to the park" or "Maybe we can eat dinner in the playroom" -- its the use of the word "maybe" that kills me.  I need to get this on camera because it is quite funny.

 - Apparently our years of positive reinforcement and "great job!" are rubbing off.  The other day I was playing a game of online "match game" with Kendyll on her "iPad" (aka her Fisher Price XLi thing).  I kept missing matches (not on purpose) and Little Miss Wicked Smarty-pants kept pointing out the matches to me.  When I would finally click on the 2 squares that matched she would pat me on the back and say "good job mommy, I'm very proud of you".  Ha!

 - I don't think I've mentioned it here, but they went through this phase where they were addicted to the movie "Despicable Me", aka Spickle-spickle Me, as B&K call it.  We seriously watched it every.single.day for at least a month (good thing mommy & daddy love the movie too.  A lot).  We had to scale back a bit, though, when B took to shoving and pulling and hitting his sister like she was a minion.  Humph.  But he still LOVES to quote the movie.  All.the.time.  So if you hear him spout out an "UN-PRE-DICTABLE!!!", "chillax", "look at my face" or use the word "Poop" a lot, you now know where this came from.

We had a nice, low-key weekend.  Tim helped his dad out around the house on Saturday and yesterday we just lounged (K is fighting a little spring cold).  It warmed up enough in the afternoon that we were able to go down to the park for a bit and B&K rode their bikes {I need to take off the little parent bar in the back . . . they can both get around on these fine, but sometimes they like to push the bike around, too}.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



The next week or so is SUPER jam packed (for me at least!) . . . the semi-annual CMOTC consignment sale is this weekend,  then Saturday night we're going to see a comedian with some friends (and Grandma & Grandpa are coming down for the weekend!), then I'm sneaking away for another mini-girls trip/overnight thing next week and we're planning to go to South Bend for the ND Spring Game the following weekend.  Whew!  Fun times!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! The boys say "plobabry" when they start sentences and it kills me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me smile when you mentioned their "iPads". My girls have those Fisher Price iXL devices as well and they call them their iPads too. I love when we're out places and they'll (loudly!) start talking about playing on their "iPads" when they get home. It cracks me up when people look over at us with shocked looks on their faces, as though my 4 year olds have their own REAL iPads! ; )

    ReplyDelete