Monday, March 28, 2011

Mommy needs a break!

A weekend ago {yeah, I know I'm behind!} I was able to get away.  All.by.myself.  Besides a quick work trip last summer, this was the first time I can remember getting away.  Alone.  For a girls trip.  {there have been quite a few "MoMs night out" - and once it was even an overnight - and of course Tim & I get away all the time.  But this was my first girls trip since B&K.  And now I think I've beyond made my point}.   :) 

My roommates from college and I traveled to St. Louis (a somewhat "central" location) to talk and eat for a weekend.  I say that because those were our main activities.  Oh and we drank a bit, too.  I lived with same group of awesome ladies for almost all 4 of my years at UD.  I can't wait to tell B&K how 6 chicks shared a house with ONE bathroom (yes, just one.  No half bath or anything) and ONE phone line (back in the day before cell phones.  Crazy, I know). 

We spent some time checking out the sights. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And posed for some pictures (me, Jenn, Kelli, Mindy -- who is due May 10th with baby #2!!!  She looks AWESOME!! -- and Carrie):

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I call this one "swap out Sara(h)s" {my roomie Sarah - took the pic above and I took the one below}
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We went on a hunt for a cupcake place and BONUS -- they had Irish Car bomb cupcakes!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And of course we started off every day the right way:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was so wonderful to see everyone!  It had been over 4 years since our last get together (that was a trip to Chicago just before I found out I was pregnant).  We've vowed not to wait so long between visits and I hope to see a few of them over some of our upcoming trips this Spring & Summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment