Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sweet sweet Black Friday

If you know me in real life or through FB you know I hate people.  I mean, I work in HR, I have freak show twins who draw lots of attention and people drive me nuts.  So I would be the last person on Earth you would think loves Black Friday, right??  Oh man, it is my most favorite day of the year!

For the past few years the ladies would go out at the pre-butt crack of dawn to do our shopping.  In recent history we've traveled down to the outlet mall and scored major deals without messing with big crowds because we timed it just right.  It was fabulous.

This year turned into a year of mega doorbusters and all nighters.  And it was SO MUCH FUN!!  We started Thanksgiving evening with our normal routine of looking through ads and strategizing our shopping plan.  My mother-in-law, mom and I decided to do Toys-R-Us when it opened at 10pm and then we would head home, sleep a bit and then go as a bigger group down to the outlets.  Well, I'll save all the gory details but we ended up waiting in line in the freezing cold rain for 2 hours to get in to shop for about 5 min.  But it was fun and we scored what we wanted (thanks to my friend Marie who was also shopping at TRU at another location . . . we were timed about the same distance in line and we were able to score something from her list and she scored something from ours.  All about teamwork!).

After that excitement we decided to just go for it and stay up & shop all night.  I dropped my mom off at home (she is the smart one) and I put on some dry clothes and headed out to pick up Debbie again.  We tooled around a bit waiting for Target to open (like we tried to shop in Old Navy, but with a line 1.5 hrs to check out we wisely decided we didn't need anything from ON that badly so we ended up going out for a bite to eat).

On our Target list was a new 40 in TV for the playroom (which we had no chance of getting since we decided not to wait in line outside in the freezing cold for 3+ hours), a new Dyson (which is something I've wanted for a LONG time) and a few other smaller items like slippers & such.  We got in line about 15 min before the doors opened with the expectation that we would be leaving with just the slippers.  But thanks to a couple of random acts of kindness from strangers we scored this


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AND this
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So very awesome.  And totally fun.  I think I'm still high from the rush of Black Friday shopping!! (sadly, the outlet mall wasn't all that this year.  Yes, we did still go down there and yes Debbie & I were up for some 30+ hours). 

But oh how I love the Dyson!!  Look -- this is how much Tabasco hair it picked up on my first swipe (and this was AFTER a very recent sweeping with our old vacuum).  Awesome!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We are already stoked to plan for next year.  We definately want to do the doorbusters again -- and yes, we are crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment