Sunday, September 26, 2010

An Apple a Day

Tim was out of town this weekend on a golfing trip with friends from work, so I set about to fill up the weekend with B&K as much as possible {esp because we were all getting over colds and I'm suspect that K is finally cutting the 2yr molars that B has almost had for a year.  I'll save you all the gory details, but let's just say there has been a LOT of bi-polar D-R-A-M-A going on around here these days}.

My friends Jenn & Alicia and I decided to get together at a local apple orchard & pumpkin patch for some good old fashioned apple & pumpkin picking.  B&K had never been apple picking and they had a blast.  They literally ate their body weight in red apples.  Yum! 


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Ok, prepare yourself for some major cuteness.  At one point we were heading back towards an aisle where cars can drive through.  Kendyll walked up to Keegan and grabbed his hand.  They walked that way until they reached the end of the aisle (at which time she also grabbed Louden's hand, too).   So fricken sweet. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


At one point the kids were playing in some of the fruit crates. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


On our way home, B&K ate yet another whole apple.  The funny part is, B eats them from the top down.  Core & all.  (ewe!)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We also spent some time picking $1 pumpkins (I didn't snap as many pictures there, unfortunately).  B&K love their pumpkins.  I had them sitting on our ledge of the deck in back yesterday and every time they looked out or walked outside they would go up to the pumpkins, give them a kiss and say "love you, pumpkin".  Unprompted.  Hilarious. 

Today we took a field trip to Target before Tim got home (funny story -- I told B&K not to tell daddy we went to Target and as soon as they saw him they both blurted out "Daddy, we went to TARGET!!").  We bought little sets to turn the pumpkins into a pirate and a witch.  They love them even MORE now. 


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment