{warning: this post not suitable for the squeamish!}
Tim left for Germany yesterday morning. He will be gone until 4/30. Expect to see many a vent and nutso story over the next three weeks. And so it begins . . .
On Saturday I had the awesome fortune to go shopping with a couple of friends. Tim stayed home with the kids -- a "bonding day" of sorts before he left for 3 weeks. After the kids went down for a nap he spent a bit of time working in the yard. And he quickly discovered that a new family of rabbits had set up a nest in one of our bushes. You may recall from this post that we have a killer in our family, so Tim thought to try to fence off the new family before our vicious dog got to them {can you see where this is leading??}.
After dropping Tim off at the airport yesterday, B&K&I hung out at the zoo, grocery shopped with every other person in our town (it seemed) and went to a nice dinner with Nana & Papa. Good times. Day one a success.
Today was any normal day. I got home from work and Papa Sam came over to inspect our backyard, as I was pretty sure dog-gyver had gotten a bunny and the thought of dead animals makes me cringe to my core. But no evidence could be found. I took the kids & dog for a long walk. Made them a healthy dinner (seriously, Tim, I did!!). We watched a little Yo Gabba Gabba and danced off our dinner lbs. I took them upstairs for bath night and had fun destroying our bathroom. That's when it all started going downhill. I had put B in his crib in just his towel while I got K dressed (this is normally our routine . . . kid A is wrapped in a towel - as much as possible -- brushing his/her teeth in his/her crib while kid B is getting dressed. Then repeat. And I take turns as to who goes first). So as I'm getting K dressed {who, by the way, is screaming at the top of her lungs b/c she did not want to get out of the tub and wanted to take her soaking wet duck to bed} I hear B grunting. I look back at him and he has a HUGE smile on his face. I hear him say "I boop". So I asked him (a tad panicked b/c he is naked under that towel) "B, did you poop?". "NO!" was repeated. Um, yeah, not so much. I get K in her crib and sure enough there are little turds ALL over B's crib. Oh and some drop out on the floor when I picked him up (I was soooo ready for the dog to eat one). Awesomeness. Get him dressed, put him in K's crib (which they LOVED) and get the mess cleaned up.
Then I head downstairs to clean up & make myself some dinner. I let the dog outside and start my chores. Kendyll was still screaming uncontrollably (she got mad when I put B back in his own crib and 10 minutes of horror movie screaming ensued. Our neighbors love us, I'm sure). So I go upstairs to see what her deal is, forgetting that Cujo was outside. Sure enough, I come downstairs and Tabasco is butt wagging with a baby bunny in his mouth in our backyard. Gag me with a knife!! Ugh. Long story short, I ended up double lining a bucket with bags, double lining kitchen tongs with bags and took care of the bunny (thank GOD tonight is trash night).
Needless to say, I'm enjoying a beer and trio of Jeni's ice cream for dinner. It is only Monday, right? 18 more days until Tim is home. Pray for me! :)
Ohhhh I feel for you. I have so been there. Jeni's should help. :)
ReplyDelete