I swear, I could NOT make this stuff up!!
The bunny massacre continues. Well, sort of. This morning started out fine. Got the kids dressed. Threw in all of B's nasty bedding from last night into the washing machine (I didn't want it to sit overnight in the washer, so I treated it and left it in there to run this am). B&K LOVE the new washing machine . . . they immediately started to yell "bubbles, bubbles" as it started up. So I let the dog out the back door (which is right by the laundry room) and started to make breakfast while B&K were mesmerized by the wonder & awe of the washer. I didn't supervise Tabasco outside because I {foolishly} assumed he had taken care of the last of the bunnies. All of a sudden I hear B&K smacking on the glass door going "Kitty!!" "Hi-ya Kitty!!". I'm like, where the hell do they see a kitty. They were actually saying hi to the baby BUNNY Tabasco had brought to the doormat of the back door. Awesomeness.
So I go out the front door and around back Tabasco inside (the LAST thing I needed was baby "kitty" inside my house!!). And I put him in timeout in his crate in the basement. I figured I would take care of baby bunny when Ashley arrived. No sooner do I get upstairs do I then hear B&K banging on the glass again: "where the kitty go?" "kitty?" (and yes, I repeatedly told them it was a BUNNY not a KITTY, but even after saying the word bunny they would still call the thing on the back porch kitty). Tim called just about then -- I had told him it might be nice if he called in the a.m. so I could put him on speaker phone for the kids to talk to him. So he got to hear the dog howling from the basement and B&K screaming over the "Kitty" that got away. Ugh.
The bunny was no where to be found when I left for work (and yes, I did look around). But I just got a text from Ashley saying she found it. And had put it in a box to warm it up (she is sooooo much better at this than I am!!!). I told her to put it somewhere else -- like our neighbor's yard. Maybe then it will have a chance!!
Um, eww and good luck. they're can't be many left, right? At least he waiting until AFTER Easter.
ReplyDelete