Quite literally, actually. Apparently yesterday was a day of constant diaper and clothing changes for B&K. Fun times for Ashley (sorry A!!). There has also been a constant flood of snot running from B&K's noses. I'm not sure if we call this teething (2 yr molars) or a cold . . . good news is they are in good moods, for the most part. We'll see . . .
I really hope everyone is on the mend (regardless of what is ailing us) by the weekend. We have a big 2nd birthday party to go to on Saturday (happy birthday Will & Sam!!) and then we are having a few friends over for the Super Bowl on Sunday (go Saints!! Woo-hoo!). :)
Not much else new going on here. I had a taste of the stay at home mom life last week as A was under the weather. Let's just say I'm SSOOOOOO thankful that wasn't this week (b/c I don't know that I could handle snotty / crabby / poopy B&K as well I did last week -- they were pretty much perfect angels). Over the weekend A was nice enough to take B&K Saturday morning for us and we had plans to go out with some friends Saturday night, so a good time was had by all.
Let's see . . . I promised a massive update on B&K a while back, huh? Yeah, I suck. Sorry! They are chatty all the time now. New phrases include "oh no!!!" and "I love u" as well as a slew of other words said with great purpose that no one can understand but B or K. Yes, my worst fear is coming true -- our kids are trying to communicate with us, but I have no effing clue what they are saying. Oh well! Let's see if I can come up with a few cute ones (b/c you are getting no pictures in this post, sorry!):
- "B booped!!! B booped!!" K to me as I walked into their room after a nap last week (calling out her brother's messy diaper in the crib next to her while pointing at B).
- "I booped mama" K to me last night as she woke up in the middle of the night . . . but she really hadn't messed her diaper. Thanks K!
- "Ova" (aka Ava) when I ask B who is his friend who plays with him during the day
- "Elmo!! Elmo!!! Elmo!!!!" B & K any time they are near the TV. A close second is "Dabba Dabba".
- "hi-ya Daddy", "Where's Daddy?" "DAAAADDDEEEEE!!!!!" -- spoken a bagillion times by both of them while Tim was traveling last week and I was staying at home. They would point to his picture, his clothes, his shoes and repeat this over & over again. Ask them who I am (or point to me in a picture) -- dead silence. Thanks kids!
- Kendyll loves to feed Tabasco. She's helped me by carrying his bowl a couple of times. Yesterday she went over to his bowl -- unprompted -- picked it up, carried it over to the closet where we keep Tabasco's food and screamed "MORE!!!" at Tim. He scooped some food in there and she carried his bowl back to the stand.
- Bennett is obsessed with washing his hands in the sink. If he sees me head to the bathroom he'll follow behind me in a zombie-like state screaming "WASH! WASH! WASH!" until I pick him up to wash his hands. Of course K follows closely behind him doing the same thing (so note to grandparents still looking for gift ideas for B&K . . . maybe a special kiddie step stool for washing hands!). :)
Ok, I think that is all for now. I will do my best to get some new pics up soon. I swear!
LOL... when we were first teaching M&L our names, I asked- "What's Mommy's name?" Molly said to me, "Mommy name... Katie."
ReplyDeleteKatie is my sister. Love it.
Hope the snots are just from teeth and dry up soon! Oh hey, if the kids are talking and you don't understand what they're saying, you can ask them to show you. When I don't have a clue what they're asking for I say, "Show mommy, then say it". Molly (most often) says, "Mony pointin' at it!!!" and it's hilarous and then I know WTF she is saying.