Wednesday, January 13, 2010

23 Months!!!

I hate it when people refer to their children in months. I think after you get to a certain point (i.e. 18 months) it just gets a little old. I was 416 months old yesterday. Blech! I've been saying "almost 2" for about 4 months now when asked B&K's age. It will be a nice milestone.

In any event, today is B&K's 23 mo birthday! I promise to try to snap a pic later today. But I gotta warn you -- they have been a bit like evil monsters lately. That probably seems a bit harsh, but true. Kendyll is in FULL ON DIVA MODE lately. Prime example . . . last night I put my purse on the counter. She wanted it so she could destroy the entire contents of it and prance around the house with it (and it is a tiny wristet purse, mind you). I said no. Immediately she throws herself on the floor and begins to get red faced and screams bloody murder. A perfectly content Bennett stops what he is doing and starts to scream and cry too. I can't only assume it is out of sympathy and solidarity for/with K (and not for attention himself. Of course not, no). Then Tabasco starts to howl, too. I walk away and she throws herself on my leg screaming "datttt, dattttt, datttt" (translation: that! that! that!) and pointing at my purse on the counter. I remove her from my leg and she again falls on the floor, working her next oscar nomination.

This scenario plays out over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over again in our house these days. I think part of the problem is wretched 2 year molars. Bennett currently has his bottom 2 in already and I think he's working on his top 2 now. Kendyll is just starting the process and appears to not be handling it as well. Ugh.

Other than that, everyone is doing well. We're getting our pictures taken this weekend, so we're hoping B&K behave and cooperate and all the jazz. I'll attempt to do an update on what everyone is saying / doing / pictures and stuff soon. Really. I promise. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way....I've been saying they are almost 2 for a quite a while now too. I can't wait til they are 2 and we can cut out the month counting! oh and K can come play with my diva's anytime. Although I don't think you want her learning any new drama acting techniques from my girls....it's so ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for hitting 300 hundred yourself Sara! The terrible two's sound funny, as long as I don't have to deal with them! Haha, I think your doing the right thing by not giving in! I'm sure it's hard sometimes. Can't wait to see new pix!!!

    ReplyDelete