Tim & I were sort of bumming this fall. It is our favorite season for many reasons -- the colors, the weather, our anniversary, the birthdays of several of our loved ones -- but our MOST favorite reason is football. More specifically, Notre Dame football. Last season aside, we are pretty die-hard Irish fans. Tim attended ND for his MBA in 2000 and I grew up a huge ND fan (I attended the same grade school as Lou Holtz -- although not at the same time, thankyouverymuch). I had never attended a game in person before I met Tim (and I'm not saying that his "alumni" status had anything to do with why I married him) -- but we have attended a game pretty much every season we've been together. And Tim has made it back to a game every season since graduating. We even endured a game last year in the retched season (and during my horrendous pregnancy). But this fall seemed jam packed and we couldn't find a good weekend to get away to attend a game. Until last Thursday, that is. An innocent exchange of e-mails between Tim and our friend Dave revealed that Dave & his wife Beth were going to the ND game on Saturday. One of my FAVORITE trips to ND was three years ago . . . Dave, Beth, Tim & I drove over for a game when we lived in Chicago and it was the.most.fun. So Tim & I started to spin our wheels . . . and long story short we decided at 5:00pm Friday night to drive over to South Bend on Saturday, tailgate with Dave & Beth and their family & friends, scalp tickets and spend the night. WOO-FREAKEN-HOO!!! It was so fun. The weather was beautiful. The tailgate was fun (a bunch of people from Pittsburgh who love the Steelers more than I do -- and they were ND fans to boot!!). The game went into FOUR OTs (I won't mention the part about PITT beating ND). Jon Bon Jovi was at the game!!!!! We had a blast afterward!! We spent a small fortune in gear for the whole family at the bookstore!! It was so much fun and we owe a HUGE thank you to Nana & Papa Williams for coming to stay with B & K for the weekend. It was an expensive weekend (happy early Xmas to us!) but it was totally worth it!!
Let's see, what else . . . oh yeah, B & K! They are super big kids all of a sudden. Bennett will hold his bottle (although not consistently) and they are both getting the hang of sippy cups. They each have three teeth (although K's have not broken all the way through yet). They are both recognizing their names and have started to lift up their arms to be picked up. Lauren is off tomorrow afternoon, so I'll be hanging out with B & K. We have a trip to mommy's office downtown planned (so get ready FHR group!) and then I think I'll treat them to a flu shot at their pedi's office. My friend Jodi is hosting a jewelry open house at her house tomorrow night (her mom makes the most BEAUTIFUL handmade jewelry) and I think B & K & I are going to do a little shopping. Should be fun. Tim is in Chicago all week, so we love to find things to occupy our time when he is away (and odd how it usually involves spending money!).
I'd like to send a special note to my mom & her family. My mom's aunt was admitted to Hospice on Friday and she & my dad were not able to make it down for the weekend (but don't worry . . . they will have LOTS of opportunities to hang with B&K over the next few months!). Aunt Mary passed away this afternoon and she lived a VERY long life (97 years!!).
Oh, and don't forget to vote!! I was watching the news last night and there were people waiting in line for EIGHT HOURS yesterday to vote early at Vets Memorial in C-bus yesterday. Makes me so thankful that I decided to vote by mail. :-)
Here are a few pics of the "big kids" . . .
Kendyll showing off her teeth:
Bennett holding his bottle:
Both kids taking their sippy cups:
Sounds like a great weekend! Glad that you had fun! Great news that Bennett holding his bottle - They are getting so big!!
ReplyDeleteI am also very sorry about your loss of your Aunt. I hope that she can live on in memories.
john and i almost went to the game this weekend, but just couldn't make it work!
ReplyDeletelove the pictures - so cute!