A year ago
Ok, to be truthful I don't remember the exact date, but it was around a year ago that we found out we were pregnant. A.Total.Surprise. Yeah, Tim came home from the gym one morning before work and found me on the bed crying. Not tears of joy -- oh no! Tears that were for the size-smaller-than-I-normally wear Banana Republic white linen pants that I had just purchased and felt like I would never wear again (I'm still working on it). Tears for the super cute and first ever social (not bridesmaid) strapless dress I had ever purchased and LOVED that I would never wear again. Tears for the trips I felt we would never be able to take. Tears for the nine months of hell that laid ahead of me (this one proved to be true . . . although not quite nine months). Tears for the sick amount of money I had just dropped in a personal trainer with my cousin and knowing that I will never have this body again (truth be told I wasn't skinny . . . just healthy & getting tone for the first time in my life -- and I swear, TIM, I will get back on the wagon!). :-) We wouldn't find out for a few more weeks that we were expecting twins. Another.Total.Shock. But I'm happy to say on this end of things were are doing quite well. It is much easier than we thought (hey, I'm not saying it is EASY, just EASIER than we were expecting) and we have still be able to maintain a shred of our old lives. And just for poop & giggles I decided to try on that strapless dress today (don't have the guts for the pants yet . . . maybe next summer). Photo evidence of me before (at my dear college friend, Alicia's, wedding last summer) and me today. Still a work in progress (esp. the very pale skin), but I'll get there.
And here is what we have to show for it . . . two pretty cool kids, if I do say so myself.

First time on your blog, just wanted to let you know that it is great blog. I love your children's names. I wanted Kendyll as a girl name. I love that name.
ReplyDeleteNestie
adorable! I've been slacking and had to catch up on the last few posts. They have gotten so big and you look GREAT!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I think the dress looks great!
ReplyDeleteSara - you look so awesome in that dress - go you!!
ReplyDeleteOh and I cried for 3 weeks straight when I found out we were having twins. :o) It's all good now.
You look great! Pale...but GREAT!
ReplyDelete