We are all doing well. B & K are going back to Riverside Hospital for a NICU developmental follow-up on Tuesday. They will be checked out by the pediatric therapists and we'll gain an idea of where they are at based on their actual vs. adjusted age. I'm hoping to get a weight update there, too -- I actually took them to the pedi on Friday (me & the kiddos have been fighting a summer cold . . . I caught it last weekend and they caught it from me late last week). The dr office doesn't normally do weight checks at ill baby visits (plus it was a MILLION degrees hot in there!), so we just did a quick throw them on the scale kind of update. With clothes on, not pooping in two days and VERY wet diapers on, Bennett weighed in at 13 lbs and Kendyll 13 lbs 10 oz. But I changed a diaper on Kendyll that seriously weighed at least 6 oz when we got home so I'm not going to put these weights off to the side because I don't consider them "official".
Big changes are on the horizon. We successfully moved them off of the preemie formula and onto regular formula. Although the pedi advised us to keep them on the "liquid / power gold" until they reached the 50th percentile, we decided since B & K seem to be growing so well and don't have any other issues at this point that we would test the waters with the regular formula. We had to take it slow (and try a few different kinds along the way), but I think we've finally succeeded in the transition.
Next up is cereal . . . the dr. advised us to wait until they were 5 mo to introduce it, so we gave it a whirl this morning. Given that they are coughing a ton & snotty nosed, it didn't really go over so well. We'll try again later this week.
B & K are also drooling a TON, so we have a feeling a tooth may be springing up any day now. They've both been very clingy and a little more fussy than usual, so hopefully these buggers pop up soon and we can move on. :-)
Tim is traveling over the next two weeks, so B, K, Tabasco & I will be roughing it. Hopefully he doesn't catch the same crud we've had all week!
Here are a few pictures in honor of B & K's birthday. We look a LONG walk this afternoon and the stroller pick is us wearing them out from that.
I'll post an update later this week after the NICU follow-up. But in the meantime, here are the 5 month pics. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment