New four-eyes
I don't think I've said it nearly enough, but we *really* love B&K's school. In addition to having detailed parent-teacher conferences (which I now realize I never blogged about), they also do normal testing of sight (and hopefully hearing . . . Bennett says "huh?" and "what you say??" at least 700 times a day). Bennett's vision came back clear, but Kendyll needed to be tested a bit further. So I made an appointment for her at our eye doctor a couple of weeks ago. She was SUCH a big girl through the whole process -- even the dreaded eye dilation! In the end, the eye doctor saw the same things the school did -- Kendyll has an astigmatism in both eyes and she is nearsighted (which we all found quite interesting, since Tim & I are both far sighted). The doctor said there is a chance she may out grow it, but the good news is she only needs her glasses for school, reading and playing games on her "iPad" (read: Miss Clumsy doesn't have to wear them while playing . . . especially outdoors. Which means maybe she won't take after her mama and fall flat on her face a 3 days after getting glasses for the first time, scratching them all up). And bonus . . . she was able to pick out a cute (and inexpensive - since we didn't add the kids to our eye plan yet) frames!
Here she (and Bennett) are on her first day wearing them to school -- so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment