Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Princess for a day

Last Sunday I took Kendyll to a "Mommy & Me Princess Tea" luncheon at our golf club.  {that's right.  We belong to a country club now.  Don't judge!}.  It was so.much.fun!  There were two "real" princesses (who were supposed to be Belle & Sleeping Beauty, but the one didn't really have a Belle dress on.  Whatever.). I found a super cute - from the Disney Store with tags still on it - Belle dress for K on my BFF Craigslist and she was SO super stoked to wear it (though it was a tad bit too long.  And given how K has a thing for splatting on her face while wearing shorts these days, I was a tiny bit concerned).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The grand ballroom was decorated like a Princess wonderland.  Each girl was given a special princess cup and wand and LOTS of candy jewelry (read: that's all Kendyll ate for lunch. And at the risk of looking like a parent who can't control her screaming strong willed diva of a child, I just went with the flow.  It was worth the hearing of everyone in the room). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


After we ate our "lunch", each girl could partake in fun princess activities like getting tattooed:


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

{they also had LOTS of little crafts for the girls to do}.

Once the princesses arrived, each girl was given a makeover, which consisted in getting whored up with make-up and LOTS {I mean L-O-T-S} of glitter on the face & hair.  Let's put it this way, Kendyll has taken 3 baths since this event and there is STILL glitter on her scalp.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then each girl was called up individually and given a special crown and deemed a "Princess".  Kendyll took this very, very seriously.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


They rounded out the social with some games and dancing.  Fun times all around.  K was hesitant to get her picture taken at first (I think she was in a sugar coma), but by the end she was SO excited to pose with the two "princesses". 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Bennett REALLY wanted to attend, too (and honestly, asks me daily if we can go to another princess event).  He was supposed to "golf" with Tim on Sunday (he has a new set of clubs and everything!), but given the 100+ degree heat index we've had lately, the guys opted for the pool on Sunday instead.  But I'm sure they'll do the golf thing sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment