Monday, June 27, 2011

New "Play Air-ee-ah" is done!

Just thought I'd throw in another translation item up there . . . B&K's new basement playroom - aka "Play Air-ee-ah" (area) as they call it - is finished.    And I'd like another weekend, please . . . dude, I am tired!!

You may recall that when we returned from vacation Memorial Day weekend we had a leak in our basement, which turned into a total remodel job.   Many, many, many thanks to Papa Sam for his help (he & Tim worked their booties off the past few weekends taking down walls, de-mildewing - if that is a word - and then rehanging walls & trim.  Oh and Papa sprayed our ceiling so it looks totally fabulous now!).  And thanks to Nana for helping me keep B&K occupied during the weekends spent rebuilding.  And a huge thank to you to my parents for taking the kids this past weekend so we could move the playroom to the basement now that it is finished (and we've taken back over the former family room upstairs . . . but more on that another time).  B&K had a blast with Grandpa Mike & Grandma Angie & Uncle Mark -- I'll do an update on that another time, too.

So for reference, here is what our playroom upstairs has looked like for the past 2 years or so (give or take some newer toys/kitchen, etc).    And here is a slideshow of how the basement started & what it looks like now:


B&K were SO excited about it.  When they came home last night they couldn't wait to check it out!  Here is their reaction (I highly suggest you watch to the end . . . Bennett is so sweet you might just get sick).  :)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it! It looks so much bigger than before. Perfect transformation. You'd never really know it was a basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aah!! I love hearing their little voices, but especially, I love seeing B-Money walk down the stairs so well <3 He's so strong now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jenn...either the light color or something...but def looks bigger!
    And Bman is so surgery sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete