Friday, June 3, 2011

The Most Magical {fricken expensive} Place on Earth.

For MONTHS we have been bribing promising to take B&K to Disney World on our trip to Florida. To say they were excited would be an understatement.  But I can now say I survived Disney World with two 3 yr olds. Woo-hoo!  Considering the trip for the 4 of us to get in the door cost more than my wedding gown (uh, $84 / ticket for a THREE YEAR OLD!?!?), it was worth it to see how excited B&K were to be there.  So let me set the stage:  It was 90+ degrees. At 10am.  And I don't need to remind loyal readers that I hate people.  Some tidbits:

 - We did a 3 day stroller rental from a company called Orlando Stroller Rentals.     WONDERFUL experience with them!  Great customer service, super convenient (they delivered to & picked up the stroller from the house we were renting) and they carry my dream stroller (a City Mini Double).  Let's just say I was a bit more excited about the stroller than I was about the actual Disney visit. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

{Tim is wearing his prized "Drinking Made Easy" Pleepleus shirt.  Tim is the cool dude walking sorta near me.  This was just after I was saying the "f" word under my breath to people who would stop right in front of our pimp stroller to take stupid pictures of nothing.  Grrrr!}

 - Kendyll was totally decked out for her visit to Disney.  I made her shirt (rather last minute), but my friend & fellow twin mama Joanne made the bow and had a hook-up on the Minnie skirt.  Joanne rocks!  Please check out her site here: 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

 - Because of the crowds (and heat) we didn't really get to see many characters.  For example, B&K are obsessed with the movie "Tangled" (so much so that they call Rapunzel Tangled. Cute).  Well, Tangled & Flynn Rider were set up for pictures and autographs, but the wait to see them was 2.5 - 3 hrs long.  Uh, not coolio to a 3yr old {in 90+ degree heat}.  But we were able to see Buzz Lightyear.  And we saw most of the other major characters at an afternoon parade.  Funny story . . . some of the Disney "cast members" came through to ask the families to stay on the sidewalk.  We kept reminding B&K of this and this is how they stood waiting for the parade to start (they did this on their own . . . one toe on the sidewalk).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

 - I mentioned in yesterday's post that B&K used their savings to buy something on our trip.  Here is their new prized possessions (and the sad part is the $11 each didn't even cover these!). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And if you are reeeeaaaaaallllllyyyy bored, here is our entire Disney visit in pictures.  B&K are still talking about it (which I imagine they will be for a L-O-N-G time).  It is cute to hear them tell other people about it.  For example, on Tuesday - when Ashley came back - B&K were all "remember when we saw Winnie the Pooh" and "Remember when we wrote the tea cups".  I tried to explain to them that Ashley wasn't there so she couldn't "remember when", but they still start out every statement like this.  Cute. 


3 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at the title of your post! We are headed there on Tuesday and will be there for a week. Let me tell you, the longer you stay, the more bang for your buck that you get! I'm so glad your kids had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we could make a billion zillion dollars if we make a front-side stroller attachment that either shocks people who touch it or extends to stab or shove people out of the way. Billion zillion, I say!

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics of the kids! Not near enough drinks of adult beverag-ahhhhs but, next time, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold the freaking phone-- it's $84 to get into DISNEY?! FOR A CHILD?! That is effing disgusting. I know M&L would love to go, but forget that shit. I have guilt over spending $12.99 on a t-shirt, no way I'm gonna drop fo' hundy on a trip to Disney. These kids need to get jobs and pay for their own vacations! haha

    ReplyDelete