This week has been sort of a cluster. Tim flew out again for his {what has become} normal 2 week stint in Turkey on Monday. In anticipation of this - and due to the fact we didn't have anything planned - we picked last weekend to start "hard-core potty training". Ashley felt B&K were ready and we figured no time like the present. So I spent some time last week stocking up on all of the supplies and when B&K woke up Saturday morning we threw away all of the diapers. For good. I think in the first two days B&K went through at least 20 pairs of undies. And we've had to find LOTS of activities to do around the house. But once wonder-woman Ashley came back on Monday the wheels started to click with B&K. We've still had a few accidents (maybe one a day), but for the most part they are getting it now. We kept them home from school on Tuesday so they could continue to focus on it, so the real test will be on Friday when they go back.
Yesterday we had a bit of excitement, too. Kendyll woke up around 9:30 p screaming, gasping for air with a barking cough. Long story short, a quick steam shower, a call to Nana & Papa to come over and a quick (literally) trip to the ER later she was diagnosed with croup. It came out of no where! Sadly, neither she nor I got any sleep last night and she was still in pretty bad shape today so I took her to the pedi. We weren't given any meds last night, so our pedi gave her some steroids to hopefully break up this cough. I just put her to bed for the 2nd time, so I'm hopeful she gets some rest. She hasn't slept in 24 hours and she REALLY needs it. But I'm heading to bed here soon, just in case we have a repeat of last night.
And since I can't have 2 posts without pictures (or end on a down note), here is one from our "weekend in" . . . Tim helped the kids make vanilla with chocolate chip cupcakes with buttercream icing & sprinkles. Lets just say mama is happy to have them in the house tonight -- even if I can only have one on my diet. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment