Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Oh yeah, that update

I think I promised, oh, ages ago, an update about all that B&K are up to these days.  Where do I even begin??

-  The time change was a bitch.  Kendyll was already waking up early on a daily basis for some reason (though she did give me two days of "sleeping in" until 7 when Tim was in Istanbul).  They are both fighting little colds, so that doesn't help.  But I'll put it this way . . . I'm often asking myself why we thought it was a good idea to buy her a twin bed vs. a full-sized bed (and also why couldn't Bennett be the one who requires company at night.  In his giant full-sized bed)???

- Speaking of Bennett and sleep, his imagination is often getting the best of him these days.  Several times a week he talks about the "monsters" in his room.  Or our house (esp. if he has to go in a dark room).  I know he is probably seeing shadows -- or remembering some scary Scooby Do episode or something -- but every once & a while I'll let my imagination get the best of me, too.  ::my son does not see dead people::  ::my son does not see dead people::  Thankfully, a good friend suggested we pretend to spray "monster spray" to keep them away and that has really been doing the trick.  Now when Bennett enters a dark room (or his bedroom), he puts up his index finger and "spppppprrrsssh" sprays for monsters all while saying "no monsters in here" (with a thick New England accent, I might add.  Where does that come from???).

- They LOVE to read.  I mean freaken love to read.  And I'm not talking about US reading to them.  I'm talking THEY read the books to us before bedtime now.  And they both have pretty good memories.  Normally if we've read the book to them once they can recite them back to us (or at least get the main gist on every page).  I really need to get this on video.  Aunt Nanci would be so proud.  :) And for the record, here are some of their current favorites:



{the last two are my favs, too}


- They really care about each other.  It is sweet to see them so concerned when the other gets hurt (well, unless they are the cause for the hurt, that is).  They are much better at sharing and taking turns.  And they still love to help out with Tabasco -- especially scolding him when he steals their food or goes into the play room when he isn't supposed to be there anymore (because he steals their food).

- We're getting excited for the holidays.  B&K have long been exceptional singers of songs such as the ABCs and Twinkle Little Star and Wheels on the Bus and Itsy Bitsy Spider.  But now we're starting to add in goodies such as Jingle Bells.  And they are fascinated with Santa (which is a good thing because we are hosting a little party in Dec with some of our best friends and Santa is going to join us again this year). 

I'm sure there are a gazillion things I should add to this post, but this is good for now.  I'll leave you with a couple of adorable pictures Ashley sent me today (which reminds me . . . we got their school pictures proofs last week -- holy cow do they look like real little people.  I'll try to add a scan once we receive the pics in a couple of weeks).


Image and video hosting by TinyPic>

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. So fun! Great update! and I'm LOVIN Bennett's hair and K's piggies in the pics. So freaking adorable!

    ReplyDelete