Thursday, October 28, 2010

"I need candy"

That's Kendyll's nice way of saying "trick or treat".  We walk up to our neighbor's house and after I said "what do you say guys" she responds -- while looking at my neighbor -- "I NEED CANDY".  Fantastic.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Every other year B&K have been alive, the weather has been WARM and Trick or Treating has been on the 31st.  Of course this year -- the year we actually planned to take them ToT -- it is 40-some degrees outside and the beggar's night is on a fricken Thursday.  THREE DAYS BEFORE THE 31st!!!  Arg!

Sadly, Tim is in Turkey this week for work.  We invited Nana & Papa over to help hand out candy and then we headed to their house after ToTing a bit in our 'hood.    First we skyped with Grandma & Grandpa & Uncle Mark a bit so they could see the costumes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Then we got ready to head out.  I am super, uber proud of their costumes.  For many reasons (if I do toot my own horn for a sec) -- a) because I actually carried through on a project, b) because I think they look better than the expensive costumes that inspired them and c) because I think they were the cutest, most original costumes I saw all night, if I do say so myself.  ;)  You can find my tutorial on the costumes here.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


In the end, B&K had a fabulous time on their first trick-or-treat experience.  They did -- most of the time -- say the right things and most importantly lots of unprompted "thank you"s.  Now I'm watching my favorite holiday special (Charlie Brown - or Charlie Brownie, as B would say).  I'm DVRing it, so I can't wait to watch it tomorrow night with B&K.  Happy Halloween everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment