- B & K were superstars on the flights. I mean, we had a few melt-downs, of course (they are still TWO), but overall they were awesome. God bless portable DVD players and the iPad. I was also armed with two bags full of new toys, favorite books and sleep necessities (although they only really slept on the last leg of our trip home -- which was WAAAAY after their bedtime). They both were excited to "go on airpane up in da kye". When the planes would start to descend they would both go "weeeee" really loudly. Super cute.
- They were eating fiends on vacation. Seriously -- island life and warm air agrees with them. They both ate bites of my fillet steak (to which B kept asking for "MORE, PEESE"). They also ate calamari, edamame and conch fritters. Amazing.
- B&K fell in love with the creatures of St. Croix. From the goats on the side of the road to the "lizards" in our courtyard that they named Jack, they had a good time.
- The flooring in the house was all Spanish tiles with concrete grout (read: uneven HARD surfaces). Bennett took a nasty fall on them one day -- he was walking fast toward me to get a snack and tripped and basically fell face first into the flooring. He had an instant goose egg on his forehead that turned about 10 shades of black, blue & green over the course of the week. It was pretty scary, but thankfully he is a tough dude and is totally fine now.
- The hardest thing to get used to in St. Croix is the fact that they drive on the wrong side of the road. But I'm happy to report that even *I* drove a bit and no one was hurt! :)
- In addition to Mother's day, we celebrated this while we were there:

Yep, I'm old. And Tim is a year older tomorrow. That's right, his favorite week of the year is ending yet once again. :)
Stay tuned for more - including a picture montage - soon. I'm sure I've bored you all to sleep at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment