You know this "word explosion" in toddlers that everyone talks about? Yeah, well it is going down in our house right now. B&K are repeating everything these days, which makes for fun times. Especially when they are playing with a toy that says something . . . you hear the toy, then the babe repeat. Over & over & over & over & over again. Other fun things heard recently:
- Last weekend Bennett was wearing a red & gray rugby shirt with a logo emblem on it. When he woke up from his nap he was pointing to it and saying (clear as day) "BUCKEYES" over & over & over again. Then when I said "O-H" he repeated "I-O" with a "go bucks" right after. Uh-oh!!! Tim has threatened to start docking A's pay (totally kidding!!). He recognizes the block O every where . . . on the TV, on stranger's coats & shirts -- both he & K can be heard screaming "Buckeyes" all the time. My dad & Aunt Kathy should be proud. {and note, we've started hard-core "Go Irish!!" training as well!}.
- As soon as I posted a while back about B&K not saying my "name", they have quickly become pros at screaming for "MomEEE". My fav is when they are in their cribs and we hear them over the monitor:
K - MomEE. MomEE. hi MomEEE!!!
B - no MomEE. DadEE!! DadEE!!
K - hi DadEEE!!
- They also call Tabasco "baco" now. "Hi Baco". "Lay Down, Baco". "Bad dog!" are phrases heard often around here.
- Kendyll can now say Bennett. Although it is more like "Ban-ette!". Yesterday morning she was SCREAMING his name while they were in their cribs. And I was trying to get them to come down the stairs one day (like herding cats, I tell you!) and I said "Bennett, come here!" and my mini-me said "Ban-ette, come here!".
- They also LOVE to look for my brother, Mark. Who lives 2 hours away. If they hear his name, Bennett will start walking around the house: "Mark! Maaark!!! Where Mark?!?". Too cute.
Sorry, no pictures today. I'll try to get some up soon!
YOu're so right about the word explosion. I just added a new post for the girls' birthday that will go up tomorrow about the words they are FINALLY saying. Of course, I wish my girls said Buckeyes as clear as Bennett though!
ReplyDeleteOh that word explosion is funny to hear. The words that they will repeat! Love the dog one...bad dog!
ReplyDeleteoh man! that sounds sooo cute, it seems like a great age! where they are getting major personalities and such...
ReplyDeleteI missed reading your blog recently.. i haven't been a good reader / writer at all... here's to getting back into the swing.
I can so relate to what you are saying. It's worse when you say a word or phrase you wish they won't repeat. It really makes you stop and think about what you're saying in front of them. I love when I'm at a drive thru placing a food order and I hear my mocking bird repeat everything I'm saying. Never a dull moment in mommy world?!
ReplyDeleteHi! I just found your blog through my google reader. :) Your family is darling! I love meeting other MoM's of twins. :)
ReplyDelete