Sunday, September 6, 2009

Go Irish (at a Buckeye Tailgate)!!!

The weather was gorgeous so we decided to take B&K down to their first Ohio State Buckeye tailgate on Saturday. Our friends Tim & Adrienne do up a MASSIVE OSU tailgate party every home game weekend and it is in a great, very child-friendly area. Of course, the ND Irish also played their first game of the season and since we're more Irish fans than OSU fans, we went down to the tailgate dressed in our best blue, green and gold (sorry Dad & Aunt Kathy). We actually sort of fit in because Ohio State was playing Navy and our ND gear sort of looked like Navy gear from afar (and because some Buckeye fans can be real dicks, the news peeps were warning fans to "be respectful to Navy" this week, so we weren't harassed too much). Ha!

We had a lovely time and only stayed down until the game started -- it was B&K's naptime and we were able to watch the Ohio State game and ND game at home. Fun, fun times (woo-hoo for the great Irish victory. And we can't wait for the USC / OSU game next weekend . . . should be a wicked fun time!).

Now for some pics . . .

Kendyll pointing to the nice beer stain on our jogging stroller. Tim had poured me a beer shortly after we arrived and I was unloading the stroller so I put it in the cupholder. As I was taking the last kid out of the stroller I had completely forgot that I had my diaper bag hanging from it, so the thing tipped back and in the process my entire beer dumped into the diaper bag and all over the stroller. So yeah, B&K ate a few beer soaked snacks (don't judge!) and after a good run in the washer my diaper bag STILL smells like stale beer. Hmmm, I may be in the market for a new bag (don't tell Tim!).
Cute pic of me & B that Jodi snapped.
They also partook in some typical tailgate fun . . . like tossing (or eating) the football):
And a little cornhole (they freaken LOVED climbing up this thing!):
All in all a very fun day!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love their jerseys! I debated getting jerseys for the girls this year, but think I'm waiting one more year in hopes of getting 2 seasons...yea, I'm cheap!

    oh and Kendyll looking down the corn"hole" is so funny!

    although I like to encourage spending of others...so maybe you should check out the kate spade diaper bags to replace beer bag! :) sorry Tim! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their outfits!! Did I miss that K-diva is walking now? Glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete