The first little project I worked on in the space was a gift for a Multiples Moms Random Act of Kindness exchange I was part of. Through total luck, I actually drew someone I have come to know personally over the past year. She is getting ready to sell in her first Twins Sale later this week (more to come on that soon), so I made her a little tote bag she can use to shop and carry her selling supplies in. I was very pleased with how it came out (we were on a strict gift budget and I don't have a sewing machine so it wasn't perfect, but I don't think it turned out too bad).
And now that we're into fall (and soon to be winter) I've taken up my knitting projects. Well, when I say projects they have pretty much only included scarves up to this point. But I was very impressed and inspired by fellow twin mommy Jennifer. She recently posted this pattern on her site and blogged about making hats for her girls. I thought the pumpkin one was adorable. So I bought some new supplies and after a couple of failed attempts I mastered knitting in the round, adding in another color and following a pattern! I am super duper proud of myself! I think I am going to gift this one to a special someone and make a bigger one for K for Halloween.
LOVE the new space! I've been really wanting a cool gift wrapping, crafty space in my house too, but just haven't made the space or time. I need to do better searching CL...those are awesome finds!
ReplyDeleteand seriously, that hat is super duper cute!