Let's see . . . what is new?? Papa Sam came to town for a work conference last Wednesday. Tim was in Nashvegas for work, so Papa treated me & B & K out to dinner. Fun times! Thursday I stayed up WAAAAAY too late waiting for Tim to get home (his flight was big-time delayed due to tornadoes in Nashville) and I somehow got suckered into watching the ER farewell stuff. I haven't really watched that show in a couple of years and watching the finale made me feel really, really old. I'm pretty sure it premiered when I was in college -- geesh that was a long time ago!!
Friday Lauren took B&K to COSI. They are a bit little/young for it, but they still had a blast (photo evidence below). Thanks Lauren!! Can I just say once again how much she rocks?? :)
Saturday was a busy, busy day. The awesome plaza by our house throws an "April Fool's" pancake breakfast every year. It is free (!!) and so so good. Last year it was one of our first "outings" with B&K and this year we were even more excited because like me, pancakes are B&K's favorite food group. They snacked on a powered donut from the "Goodie Shop" while we waited in line to get in and then chowed down on pancakes & syrup (yes, we loaded them up with sugar galore). It was a little cold and the line was a bit long, so by the time we got into the tent serving the pancakes B&K were BEYOND ready to eat, but it was still fun. Then I had big lunch plans, too. My good friend and former boss-lady Vicki came to town and we had lunch with the group we used to support. It was super yummy and so great to catch up with everyone. Thanks guys!!
Saturday night my mom, her twin sister (Aunt Anna Marie) and their younger sister (Aunt Regina, in town from Georgia) came down to hang with B&K. We saw this as a great opportunity to get out and Tim & I headed to dinner and then out on the town with friends. Very fun. And thanks mom & aunts for helping out!! Yesterday we basically spent the day lounging and doing a few chores & errands. Nothing too exciting.
Ok, this is getting long enough. Watch for updates this week about Tim's new toy (read: car) and Bennett's new trick (read: biting).
B & K at COSI:
Ahh...they are so cute in their little rain coats! What a great nanny you have. So great to see you - we'll have to plan together again!
ReplyDeletewhew! You've been busy!
ReplyDeleteYea, your nanny ROCKS! the COSI pics are super fun and cute. Love the bead mazes!
can't wait to see Tim's new toy and I'm eager to hear your thoughts on biting....I have 2 occasional biters...they don't do it to be mean yet, but if they are playing or crawling all over us sometimes they chomp down and it REALLY hurts!
Sounds like you had a very busy weekend! The pancake breakfast sounds good! Can't wait to see Tim's new car and we also had a biter, so I can smpathize with you.
ReplyDelete