A house divided
Tonight is the first Steelers vs. Browns game of the year (GO STEELERS!!). Nana & Papa sent B & K a nice big care box full of Browns gear (and to be fair -- a Steelers item for Bennett, but it is still hot outside so I'm not going to torture him in it -- it has long sleeves . . . and anyway Tim has informed me that Kendyll can be the Steelers fan. Nice!). Tim is from Northeast Ohio and therefore a Browns fan. I grew up in the "armpit" of Ohio, near the PA border and only 45 minutes from Pittsburgh, so I've been a Steelers fan my whole life (plus I went to the same college as Chuck Noll -- so cool!). If I had known Tim's NFL affiliation when I met him, I may not have married him (just kidding). But seriously, I have to admire Browns fans . . . they lost their team, got them back and have pretty much sucked every year. Ha! But I do like that they have Brady Quinn (a Dublin, OH native and former ND star) even though they aren't smart enough to ever play him. Oh and since this is my forum, I want to go on the record for my "wife of the year" status . . . last year, against my better judgement, I purchased a Brady Quinn Browns jersey for Tim for our anniversary. Now that is true love. :-)I want to also send a MAJOR shout out to Tim's cousin, Eddie, in CA. He, too, is a Browns fan (and reads the blog) and I'm sure he will be sporting his Browns jersey this evening, too. Take care Eddie (and all our family in Cali!!)*the last picture is Bennett doing his new trick . . . sticking his foot in his mouth.

I feel badly. My grand babies have to be abused by putting very inferior clothes on them. Where did you get those clothes, out of a garbage can? Just kidding.
ReplyDeleteIt is obvious that grandma Z and I have to go and buy some very exciting black and gold outfits for them before the next game.
Ooooh...I do love football season! Regardless of the game last night...yea, let's not talk about it. :(
ReplyDeleteSince I don't follow NFL football, I wish you both good luck in tonight's game! The kids are so cute in their team apparel!
I knew I liked you for a reason!! :) LOL We still have to get Lexi some black and gold, but it's harder to find in c-bus, unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteThis may not be a welcome comment on your blog, but GO COWBOYS! The only thing I took with me from Dallas.
ReplyDelete