Bennett & Kendyll celebrated their 2 week birthday yesterday in a new "home". They were both moved to a new section of the NICU -- sort of a "step down" room, although they don't call it that. They are getting the same level of care, but they are in a room with 6 other babies who are classified as "feeder / growers" -- babies who are healthy and just need to learn how to take a bottle and grow a little bit bigger. B & K are finally getting the hang of bottle feeding, we think -- they both took a ton (for them!) by bottle Tuesday night and yesterday and the doctor told me yesterday morning that he will probably bump them up to two bottles each today. They still have a few spit up issues now & then, but they continue to gain weight. Both have surpassed their birth weights -- Bennett was at 4lbs 7oz and Kendyll was at 4lbs 10oz yesterday morning.
We are confident B & K will catch on to feeding very soon as both Mommy & Daddy are experts at food consumption (Mommy is actually having a reverse pregnancy effect right now . . . I wasn't able to eat much during my pregnancy, but now that they are here I am eating EVERYTHING in sight! I am only 4 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight right now, but I have a feeling I'm going to be the first person to gain more weight AFTER pregnancy than during!!).
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment