I am 29 w 5 d today . . . just two days away from our next goal of 30 weeks!! We had a good doctor's appointment yesterday. A HUGE thanks to Tim's mom, Debbie, for being my chauffeur yesterday. She sat with me through the 3 hour glucose test -- YUCK -- as well as served as my good luck charm at my dr appointment. I don't know what we would do without the amazing support of our families -- both live TWO hours away! My mom & aunts came down the week before to take me to my two doctors appointments as well. THANK YOU!! I'm happy to report that everything has stayed stable throughout my bed rest. As a result, I get to stay at home on bedrest (yeah!) AND I don't have to go back to the doctor again for two weeks!!! That will actually be a big week . . .we'll see the OB one day for a routine check and later that week we will see the high-risk specialist for another growth scan. Another big BONUS (and something to look forward to) -- if I continue to maintain or not drastically change by the next OB appointment at 32 weeks, my doctor will let me "relax" my bedrest rules a bit. I was sharing with her yesterday that a few friends of mine are planning vacations soon and I would really just kill to get my haircut and be able to go to Target (even in a wheelchair) -- I told her that I have been a model at home bedrest patient and other than trips to the dr office or Riverside Hospital I have not been out of the house since DEC 12!!!! I think she thought I looked pitiful and gave me this grain of hope to get me through the next two weeks. Of course, I'll see a totally different doctor next time (although one we've seen several times throughout the pregnancy and by far our favorite), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
I am so relieved that we have almost made it to 30 weeks and I can't believe I have been stuck on this couch for almost 6 weeks!!! It really hasn't been too bad . . . I try to find little projects to keep me busy every day. I have really appreciated those who have stopped by to visit and/or bring food (yeah!) as well as all of the calls & e-mails.
Last weekend was a busy one for us. My mom and aunts threw a little baby shower for me at my house with a few friends and family members. It was really nice and I'm so glad I was able to experience the "shower" thing. :-) While the ladies were oohing & ahhing over baby stuff, the guys were putting together the nursery furniture. It looks really great and now we just need to finish finding a place for everything and decorating (as I've been told by friends with children, babies need a LOT of stuff . . . now multiply it by two!!!). One of the things I've really been looking forward to is setting up the nursery (I LOVE to organize and decorate!) . . . so as a treat to myself, Sunday night I sat in the glider in the nursery and Tim and his mom took my direction on where to put most of the items we received. :-) It was very fun! I'll be sure to post some pictures once we get everything finalized.
That is all for now. I will be sure to post an update next week, even though we don't have an appointment (fingers crossed that I continue to feel the same). Thanks as always for the well wishes, support, love, thoughts and prayers!!
PS -- the time on these posts are whack and I can't figure out how to update my time zone . . . it is actually 9:05 am . . .not 5 am!!! :-)
Hello Sara, this is your Aunt Regina. Just thought I would check on you.It now has been 30 weeks and counting.We are all anxiously wainting an account of your past week in waiting. I know it isnt easy. I have been there but with only 1 baby growing. It will be well worth it. Just look at Patrick. You will have 2 children to watch grow into fine young adults. Keep up keeping those two comfy inside. When the time is right they will be here and you will wonder where the time went. we will be keeping you all in our daily prayers. love Aunt Regina
ReplyDelete