Wednesday, September 26, 2012

This is why we have kids, right??

Tim & I snuck away to Pittsburgh see our favorite band, Dave Matthews Band, in mid-July. It was a nice mid-summer, post-move, quick weekend trip and the highlight was getting to see a fricken awesome show (plus meeting another twin mommy friend and her husband!). If you’ve followed my blog since the beginning, you know I’m sort of a DMB freak. (as evident here, here and here). Hey, we all have our “thing”, right? (and if you want a true appreciation of what being a DMB fan is like, I highly recommend reading this post here. It actually gave me chills.) And in my defense, it had almost been 2 years since we went to a Dave concert (coming off of a year where we saw him 3 times. I’m still holding out hope for a fall/winter tour coupled with that adults only trip that Tim & I missed out on when B&K went to Mickey’s house . . . especially since our travel buddies Nick & Jodi were out of commission awaiting the arrival of their new little one and couldn’t travel to Pitt with us).

In any event, after coming back from the show and being on a Dave high, I went to ordering a couple of special items. First up was the best baby shower gift ever (for Nick & Jodi’s little one, of course):




Next up was a couple of shirts for B&K, which I let them pick out from the website themselves. Nothing brings me more joy than when they both ask to wear their special shirts (or when DMB comes on the radio and B asks from the backset “mom, is this Dave Matthews??”. LOVE!). This is why we have kids, right? So we can impose our likes and beliefs on them, right?


Plus I added some new bling to my car (which I figured is cheaper than getting a tattoo. Which I still might do at some point, but probably won’t be DMB related).

No comments:

Post a Comment