B&K started their new preschool yesterday. We're all very excited about it, actually, as they will get to spend time alone - in separate class rooms - and do new things like eat lunch with their friends every day. We're sending them half days - MWF - this year and the class is made up of children from ages 3 - 5. It is also part of our school district, which means it is real school (not part of a church, like last year, or part of a day care either) . . . what I find most refreshing is this means we don't have to do a lot of the other stuff (like valentines!!!) that they did at their school last year. Plus this school very much caters to working parents . . . refreshing!! I've signed up to volunteer for the PTO, so that should be fun too, I'm sure.
As for the first day . . . well, Bennett was basically like "mom, what are you still doing here???" when Nana & I dropped him off at school -- totally went off and almost didn't even stop for a hug. Kendyll, yeah . . . she was a bit more shy & scared at first. Nana & I stuck around for a bit, but then used a moment of K distraction as a way to sneak out. We could hear her wailing as we walked down the hall, but her teacher told me it was short lived (and for the record . . . she would do this with Ashley too. Even just last week she was all dramatic when I would leave. I think it just yet another phase). They had a blast, though, and we learned at one point the teachers brought Bennett to Kendyll's classroom for a few minutes to see each other. And they also sat together at lunch. Cute.
Here are a few pictures.


I promise to update more soon. Like about how much we love & will miss Ashley. And why I've been absent more lately (nothing exciting . . . just kicking the job search into high gear & cleaning house). So please stay tuned . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment