Saturday, August 14, 2010

Check baby, check baby, 1, 2, 3, 4

Our pedi suggested that, since B&K have historically been tiny peanuts, we might want to bring them in for a weight check when they hit 2.5 years.  And since I had to drop off preschool paperwork earlier this week we figured we would "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" and bring B&K with us for their weight check when the forms were ready for pick up.

All sounds like a good plan, right? Yeah well, it used to be the office had "weight check" hours each day and you could just bring your child in, wait a few minutes, strip them down, get weighed and you were out the door.  Easy, peasy.  Apparently some time in the year or so since we've "dropped in" for a weight check our dr's office decided to start charging a fricken co-pay for this service.  Wonderful.  So we just paid $40 to have a nurse in our pedi's office do what we could do for free at home (as Tim politely put it).  Whatever.   All is cool and we left the office without any meltdowns (well, that is until Bennett had to give up the Veggie Tales book) and they gave us the normal percentile / weight / height form we get at an office visit.  Coolio.

So here goes (and I've updated the stats to the left over there, too):

Bennett:
Weight:  26lbs, 14 oz, 16th percentile (up from 23 lbs, 11oz, 6th at 2 years)
Height:  36.75 inches, 60th percentile (35.25 inches and 75th at 2 years)

Kendyll:
Weight:  26lbs, 13oz, 27th percentile (up from 23lbs, 13oz, 11th at 2 years)
Height:  35.75 inches, 50th percentile (33.75 inches, 49th at 2 years)

2 comments:

  1. I need to weigh the girls too...but I'm thinking they are about the same weight as B&K....just going on picking them all up. :) yea, real scientific, I know. :) Way to GROW B&K!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 lbs in 6 months? Holy crap, I guess they did have a growth spurt. That says a lot considering getting toddlers to sit for a meal is impossible.

    ReplyDelete