Monday, August 17, 2009

Um, Alphabet & Giants

Yeah, still no pictures. Sorry.

I've updated B&K's weights to the right. I'm so glad to see they've made a jump in the poundage department. Yeah they are still peanuts, but they are on the charts and despite never sitting still they are gaining weight. Might be all of the pudding and chocolate milk and Wendy's Chicken Nuggets & Fries they've been eating. Just saying . . .

Let's see . . . Bennett will sing the alphabet!! Ok, not exactly but we have this darn Leap Frog "Leap" doll toy that sings the alphabet and whenever B presses it (or if anyone else does) he starts to sing "bey-bey-bey-bey". So cute. He will do it almost every time.

Kendyll's favorite new word is "um". She says it over and over and over again. It has replaced "uh-oh", although that one is in a quick second. "Dada" is her 3rd favorite word. She is such a daddy's girl.

They are really starting to understand what we are saying these days. Although I think they are still using their selective listening skills . . . like when we are trying to go upstairs for bath or bedtime we let them go to the stairs on their own (and K will climb them herself). Yeah, I will liken it to herding cattle. Ugh -- lots of "Kendy, no this way" and "B-dude don't stop to play with the buttons on the cable box". But they are learning independence.

Kendyll walked herself into the dr office today. Tim got her out of her car seat and since she was wearing her fancy (ridiculously expensive) shoes she marched herself right on through the doors. And let me just tell you she sounded like a freaken large cow clomping those feet all around the dr's office. So funny!

Bennett is rocking in PT, too. I know I don't mention it much, but he is really doing so well! He is so good at climbing over things while crawling (and crawling while holding on to something). He is also thisclose to being able to pull himself up on his own. He can climb the stairs at PT (our stairs at home are soooo steep . . . like almost twice what they have at PT) and he has finally started to cruise while holding on to something. Yesterday we witnessed him "walking" on his knees for the first time -- he was pushing Kendyll's shopping cart. Hopefully the light bulbs continue to go off and he is really walking in no time!

Ok, I triple promise to get some new pics up soon. We're preparing for a couple of really nuts weeks. We're super sad to report that Lauren is leaving us this week to return back to school FT. We're super happy for her, but we are going to miss her like crazy (more on that to come soon). Grandma & Grandpa & Uncle Mark will be visiting us this weekend while Tim and I help Nana & Papa move into their new house in town. Then Tim leaves to go out of the country for a week and B&K may go spend some time with Grandma & Grandpa next week, too. Whew! I'm just trying to warn you all that it will be getting a bit nuts!!

3 comments:

  1. aww! I'm glad they are getting bigger! You just watch, B-money is going to just stand up one day and run away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great updates! Can't wait to hear B sing the ABC's that's so funny! and yea for K walking into the Dr.'s Such big kids already! Go B&K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG! That is awesome to hear about the PT progress and her walking into the doctor!!! I LOLed at "selective hearing." So true!

    ReplyDelete