Actually it is more like black eyed K's. Poor Kendy. Anyone who is a parent of multiples can attest to the HELL that is bath night. Especially if said multiples are mobile. I'm normally in charge of bath night and you will typically hear me say "Kendyll sit your butt down" and "Bennett be careful" about a eleventy-billion times. Kendyll has taken a couple of good spills (despite having a mat on the bottom of the tub AND a no skid bottom to begin with). But Monday night she took a REALLY good spill. I had just pulled the plug on the water and stood up to get her towel. Down she went, face first into the back rim of the tub, hitting her cheek right below her eye really really hard. Thankfully Tim was home that night and he came racing up with some ice. After keeping an eye on her for a few minutes we determined she would be OK (her running around their room and pulling out every book on the self attested to the fact that she seemed to be her good old self). But poor little boo has quite a shiner now. (I felt like MoM of the Year as we toured the Taste of UA festival last night . . . I'm sure there were quite a few people who thought they might need to call in child welfare services!).
Here are a few pics of the injury right after it happened and as it looks today. I may postpone the 18mo pics a day or two until it heals. :(


Not to worry. When Regan was 2 she took a spill and her eye/check hit the end table. The next day, after we put away the end table, she took another spill and hit the other eye on the couch where the end table once sat. She had 2 black eyes and I took her to the grocery store. There were some stares and whispering. She is still with us and both eyes still work.
ReplyDeleteLove, Dana
Sbe's still super cute, shiner and all. Hopefully this is her first and last. I gave myself a black eye in high school. I was a majorette, so a cartwheel + spinning baton + my face = bad combo!!
ReplyDeleteawwww! Mine have had some NASTY gashes on their heads! I hope it heals quickly!
ReplyDeleteShe's rockin that shiner. I think it makes her look bad-ass. Hope she's healed up soon!
ReplyDeletePoor Kendyll! She looks to be in great spirits though. Love that orange shirt in the bottom pics!
ReplyDelete